Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MagentaStraberry

Simple eating habits

I have moderate-severe acne. I hate cooking. What simple foods do you guys eat that doesn't involve a lot of work and is compatible with acne? I know the simple list fruit, vegetables, yeah. I go to school and I've been eating cheese sandwhiches forever and I want to change to something healthier that is as simple as a sandwhich. Just looking for some tasty creativity.

I have moderate-severe acne. I hate cooking. What simple foods do you guys eat that doesn't involve a lot of work and is compatible with acne? I know the simple list fruit, vegetables, yeah. I go to school and I've been eating cheese sandwhiches forever and I want to change to something healthier that is as simple as a sandwhich. Just looking for some tasty creativity.

make a batch of homemade soup then put some in thermos everyday for school. if you can eat nuts, take some plain nuts for a snack. what kind of bread do you use for sandwiches?

some other choices might be: plain yogurt, veggie sticks (celery, carrot, etc) and homemade hummus or natural nut butter. when i was in high school a few yrs ago i always took a sandwich that consisted of sliced banana, natural peanut butter and some kind of whole grain bread.

Just slightly wilt bagged baby spinach. It's good this way and it makes it much less of a chore to eat a ton of it. Most of the time, I do it in the microwave 30-60 seconds on the paper plate I'm going to eat it on. Add sliced tomato (cook it slightly with the spinach) and a little blue cheese or parmesan, nuts, seeds, basil, avocado slices, pear or apple slices, etc. You can also saute it the usual way, but just until it's barely wilted. Or the World's Healthiest Foods' (whfoods.org) recommended method is to warm a dressing and pour over the spinach. Their basic dressing is olive oil, garlic and lemon juice, which they recommend poured over just about every steamed vegetable.

I've been doing the just barely wilted thing ever since I went to a really good Italian restaurant and order sauteed spinach in place of the pasta side dish and instead of the usual completely wilted stuff most places serve. It really is the best.

Also, buy a half or a whole pound of salmon and either have the supermarket steam cook it for you or take it home and poach it in a little broth which only takes a few minutes. If you poach it yourself, you can also throw in a ton of spinach in the last few minutes to wilt. I also stir in a little mustard into the liquid. You can also add some dill. Then I eat some just like that and put the rest in tortillas like tacos or quesadillas with some lime juice for other meals.

Another fast thing I make often is quesadillas in corn tortillas, heavy on the spinach or cilantro, lighter on the cheese. If you are trying to avoid or cut back on dairy, but love cheese, one thing to do is choose strong flavored cheeses and use sparingly.

And a really filling snack or even breakfast is thinly sliced sweet potatoes which I cook in my toaster oven. I pour a little oil in the cookie sheet and smear the slices around in it to coat, sprinkle with seasoned salt which has chile powder, then cook at 325. I think it takes less than 10 minutes, but that would depend on how thin you slice them. If you are having them for breakfast, you might want to sprinkle them with cinnamon instead.

I used to eat cheese everyday aswell, until I cut out dairy. Now for lunches I have salad sandwiches no butter, or cheese or just a salad with a small tin of tuna added. I buy the salad sandwiches and I buy the salads and tinned tuna. No cooking necessary :dance: Might be hard for you to do that at school though :think:

I'm Norwegian/Australian, so vegemite or liver pate on crackers was my choice at school. I still love it! Another favourite/easy one I love is tomato and onion sandwiches with vinegar or mustard or salt and pepper. It's yummy and cheap and easy to make yourself. Yeah, I can hear the eewwws, but I still love it :snooty:

Surely you have a trader joes if you live in California. They make this excellent chicken salad with crandberries and celery. I usually put that in a sandwhich or I put tuna in a sandwhich. Sometimes I use turkey, cheese, and mustard