Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varen

Dryness (Regimen Users)

I'm on my 4th week on the regimen but i've noticed that my skin got a little drier than it was one week ago. I have dark, dry patches all over my face but, it doesnt bother me much. I started using the full B.P dose exactly 2 weeks ago. I also use the "Lac-Hydrin Five" AHA Moisturizer.

How long did it take for your (regimen user's) dry skin to completely subside and get used to the B.P?

I still have dry skin sometimes and I'm on the 3rd month of consistent use twice a day on the regimen. A lot of it depends on where you live, if it is dry. I know I'm prone to dryness during the winter due to low humidity. Maybe you could check jojoba oil out? Just add some to your moisturizer. Helps alot.

Pager's right. The colder weather will make it a bit dryer, and some weeks you'll just be drier than others for random reasons. I, also, highly reccomend jojoba oil. It has completely gotten rid of all my flakes; it is just as important to my regimen as cleanser or BP.

I, however, do not apply it with my moisturizer, I apply it before BP. I have found that this works very well (possibly even better) but does not leave you greasy or anything. See the link in my sig to see how I apply it (you can do it however you like, this is just a suggestion that has worked very well in my experience).

Pager's right. The colder weather will make it a bit dryer, and some weeks you'll just be drier than others for random reasons. I, also, highly reccomend jojoba oil. It has completely gotten rid of all my flakes; it is just as important to my regimen as cleanser or BP.

I, however, do not apply it with my moisturizer, I apply it before BP. I have found that this works very well (possibly even better) but does not leave you greasy or anything. See the link in my sig to see how I apply it (you can do it however you like, this is just a suggestion that has worked very well in my experience).

Where can I purchase jojoba oil? and which one should I get?

I started DKR during fall/winter & battled dryness for like 3 months. I only had really bad dryness for like 2 weeks though. Then I got generous with the jojoba & lac-hydrin five and my skin was much better. You just have to constantly be on top of it and not slack with moisturizing.

I also prefer jojoba before BP. It does not seem to compromise the BP.