Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nygiRL1

exfoliant??

hey, so ok i've been on the DKR for about a month & a week now, and im seeing a decent improvement but my skin is in desperate need of being exfoliated, I use one currently but it doesn't work as great-I feel like it doesn't remove any dead skin. I need some reccomendations as to what would really work-thanks!!

-You should wait until your skin is completely used to the B.P or Completely clear to use other products. I would say at least wait another month or 2 before exfoliating.

-If you do decide to exfoliate try using this, "Oil-Free Acne Wash Foam Cleanser" by neutrogena. It already has Salicylic Acid in it meaning this product will automatically exfoliate dead skin. This is also gentle on skin since it is a light foam and has no micro-beads (which will only irritate).

- Check here (Link)

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp69667_333181_s...am_cleanser.htm

-I would only exfoliate maybe once every 3 weeks or so if I were you. Also dont exfoliate on the same day you are going to use B.P

I gently exfoliate everyday. I mean there are flakes of dead skin all the time so how can you just leave it there?

I don't use any products. I boil some water in a pot then cover my head with a towel and steam for about 10 mins. then i gently, GENTLY now use my fingertips to loosen up the dead skin. Rinse skin with water then start exfoliating again. Mind you, it takes like 5 or 6 times before you feel most of the flakes are gone.

It's been working fine for me and my face isn't red afterwards. Be gentle.

I would avoid using a salicylic acid to exfoliate right now. If you're dry from the Regimen, then the salicylic acid will likely dry you out even more. If you must exfoliate, I would suggest extremely gentle manual exfoliation. I think I'm paraphrasing relatively accurately when I say that you could put some jojoba on your face and gently massage it in so that the flakes gently rub off. It would provide the added benefit of moisturizing your skin. .

Cam >B)

-You should wait until your skin is completely used to the B.P or Completely clear to use other products. I would say at least wait another month or 2 before exfoliating.

-If you do decide to exfoliate try using this, "Oil-Free Acne Wash Foam Cleanser" by neutrogena. It already has Salicylic Acid in it meaning this product will automatically exfoliate dead skin. This is also gentle on skin since it is a light foam and has no micro-beads (which will only irritate).

- Check here (Link)

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp69667_333181_s...am_cleanser.htm

-I would only exfoliate maybe once every 3 weeks or so if I were you. Also dont exfoliate on the same day you are going to use B.P