Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addie

I want to change my hair. Somehow.

You can have your hair look different from day to day. You don't have to do something dramatic like cutting or coloring. You can use different styling products and part your hair in different areas.

The problem is fiding styles that require no skill on my part. :(

I was wondering I should get it cut short, so then all the styles available would be pretty low maintenance.

Hey, I found a few styles I'd be interested in. I'll keep looking for more, too.

http://www.hairresources.com/images/sce/KKShortHairStyle.jpg

http://www.hairstylesplus.com/shorthairstyles/12.htm

http://www.hairstylesplus.com/shorthairstyles/15.htm

http://hairstyles.free-beauty-tips.glam.co...hairstyles.html

Now I can't find all of them. There was a pixie in there, too. And another generally cute one.

What do you guys think? I have dark brunette, very fine, oily hair. It's mostly straight, but can sometimes wave at the end a bit. My face looks like a not-movie-star-beautiful Natalie Portman's, except with a longer forehead. I've gotten the 2nd one down a lot, and it looks great, but I'd like to try something new. I can't style at all, so I'm looking for a style I barely have touch beyond washing it. (Alright, I'll blow dry under extreme circumstances.)

how about using natural instincts semi-permanent hair dye to try something different? it washes out in a month, so it's not something you'll be stuck with like a cut. it's really easy to use. trust me, i am the most talentless person ever and even i could pull it off.

I REALLY like the "pixie cut" look (the third one) I like that its a more modern version of the pixie cut-in that its choppier, airier, and has more texture in general. Short hair that is mostly straight is a very nice clean look, its incredibly easy to maintain. The only thing you need to master is the skill of creating texture. in my opinion short hair doesn't look so great when its very flat. You want to define your style. I have to warn you though that, before you even think about going to a hairdresser you should clearly define the hairstyle you want, for example if you want baby bangs do you want them to be piecy, choppy, or uniform? Do you want a more layered look to add more texture to the hair? If you choose the cut you desire what are your options in terms of styling your hair? these questions need to be answered, and I strongly urge you to find a hairdresser with experience cutting edgy short hair looks. The reason I am saying this is because: if your hairdresser doesn't take your directions, or you don't figure out exactly what you want before you get your hair cut, the only way to change it is to go shorter. Overall I think the looks you've chosen are very sophisticated, cute cuts that seem very manageable. You will need wax though and if you don't know how to back comb your hair-learn because it will help increase your styling options. Good luck.

(by the way this is coming from someone who had her hair SUPER short for years)

I REALLY like the "pixie cut" look (the third one) I like that its a more modern version of the pixie cut-in that its choppier, airier, and has more texture in general. Short hair that is mostly straight is a very nice clean look, its incredibly easy to maintain. The only thing you need to master is the skill of creating texture. in my opinion short hair doesn't look so great when its very flat. You want to define your style. I have to warn you though that, before you even think about going to a hairdresser you should clearly define the hairstyle you want, for example if you want baby bangs do you want them to be piecy, choppy, or uniform? Do you want a more layered look to add more texture to the hair? If you choose the cut you desire what are your options in terms of styling your hair? these questions need to be answered, and I strongly urge you to find a hairdresser with experience cutting edgy short hair looks. The reason I am saying this is because: if your hairdresser doesn't take your directions, or you don't figure out exactly what you want before you get your hair cut, the only way to change it is to go shorter. Overall I think the looks you've chosen are very sophisticated, cute cuts that seem very manageable. You will need wax though and if you don't know how to back comb your hair-learn because it will help increase your styling options. Good luck.

(by the way this is coming from someone who had her hair SUPER short for years)

I love the first and fourth ones.

I used to have my hair cut short and spiky. Just wash it, comb it, throw some mousse or gel in, spike it with fingers, let dry naturally and DONE. Loved the ease of it. It's a cute hairstyle on so many face shapes, too.

L'Oreal Color Pulse gives one terrific, non-permanent color options. If you have naturally dark hair you could try many of their colors and see if you like any of them. They would definitely be different. I tried the Auburn one, the lighter one for blondes, hmm, coppery fiery red, I don't remember the name, but it was GORGEOUS. It washed out over time, so no committment. ;)

I think I might have distilled some specific questions now . . .

Biggest issue: I know with demi- and semi- permanent color, I can't lighten my hair. Will anything scary happen if I pick too light of a color? The darkest browns look lighter than my hair, which leaves . . . black . . . which I don't necessarily mind, but I want to know the range of my options. But then I hear the pictures of the colors don't really mean anything? (I'm using Natural Instincts as my color comparison here.)

I'd really like to try something reddish, but do hazel eyes and freckles qualify me as warm enough to pull it off?

If the red is very dark, like "Blackberry", will it still have the weird fading issues? If the red decides to become permanent, does it fade some? Also, would faded red or brassy tones be very noticeable in dark hair?

(I tried to dye my hair "stoplight" or "alarm" red, or something similar to that in high school. My hair looked black with ruby red and eggplant highlights, which really, really didn't look like what "dark brown" was supposed to do on the box. I actually liked it a lot, but it came out after 2 washes. Especially on my towel.)

Would semi- or demi-permanent dye still dry out my hair some? I could reeeaaally use that side-effect.

Edit: Actually, for an idea, the rat in my avatar has a similar hair color to me, except she has silvering (evenly distributed white hairs dispersed within the black). Including the red highlights, if I was as shiny as her.

I just got the Jenny McCarthy/Victoria Beckham a line bob, and I LOVE it. I took about seven inches off, and I absolutely love it

Hey, I found a few styles I'd be interested in. I'll keep looking for more, too.

http://www.hairresources.com/images/sce/KKShortHairStyle.jpg

http://www.hairstylesplus.com/shorthairstyles/12.htm

http://www.hairstylesplus.com/shorthairstyles/15.htm

http://hairstyles.free-beauty-tips.glam.co...hairstyles.html

Now I can't find all of them. There was a pixie in there, too. And another generally cute one.

What do you guys think? I have dark brunette, very fine, oily hair. It's mostly straight, but can sometimes wave at the end a bit. My face looks like a not-movie-star-beautiful Natalie Portman's, except with a longer forehead. I've gotten the 2nd one down a lot, and it looks great, but I'd like to try something new. I can't style at all, so I'm looking for a style I barely have touch beyond washing it. (Alright, I'll blow dry under extreme circumstances.)