Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flawless

Who believes confidence is KEY?

I'm 16. This year I started getting raging hormonal acne. I started to get really depressed, I would go to school dressed frumpy and with my head down cos i felt so low. But then I realized..this isn't helping ANYTHING. I just look WORSE. So i changed my whole outlook. I worked everything I had. I decided I wasn't going to let my skin get in the way of my happiness. I decided well, my skin isnt going to get better any time soon, so I worked out and got slender and concentrated on getting fit instead. I wear high heels and hot clothes and style my hair nice, do anything that makes me feel good. Get my nails done. And I walk through the halls with confidence, and I always make sure to smile. Its made such a difference in my life! I have attracted more friends...and a boyfriend...even with my acne!

Dont let your skin get in the way of being happy ...becuz as im reading on this board thats what a lot of people are doing and its not worth it. Confidence attracts people. I think that all you can do is just be the best you can be. Who else agrees?

Well I have had acne for 6 years seeing as ive been dealing with it since i was 10 ... so i dont think it is going away any time soon and i know that but im not going to let it get in the way of my life. im still having fun and staying confident. This year it is at its worst. Before it was mild but still affected me.

good for you, i'm happy for you, confidence is a great thing :)

i had acne for 4-5 years so far and i think it killed most of my confidence :(

good for you!

i have less than perfect skin. but that won't stop me from wearing beautiful, fashionable clothes, styling my hair (I wash and style almost everyday! I even set curls, perm, whatever), do my nails, trendy make-up. Basically, I have LOTS of things to be proud of. I too have a positive outlook. There are sure ways to deal with acne, just be patient! My skin definitely looks better than say, 3 years ago.

In the end, I smile more and I'm also more open to people.

My msg to acne sufferers: NEVER give up. Keep searching for cures and don't stop caring for your skin!

I can't, I only feel confident if my skin is clear. But i'm glad you're taking care of your body and all that, it'll be all good in the long run (thats what I tell myself everytime I work out)

Noone is perfect, therefore you just have to make use of your best features (and EVERYONE has something that someone else will be envious of).

Good on you for making an effort with your appearance! i should take a leaf out of your book :)

I'm 16. This year I started getting raging hormonal acne. I started to get really depressed, I would go to school dressed frumpy and with my head down cos i felt so low. But then I realized..this isn't helping ANYTHING. I just look WORSE. So i changed my whole outlook. I worked everything I had. I decided I wasn't going to let my skin get in the way of my happiness. I decided well, my skin isnt going to get better any time soon, so I worked out and got slender and concentrated on getting fit instead. I wear high heels and hot clothes and style my hair nice, do anything that makes me feel good. Get my nails done. And I walk through the halls with confidence, and I always make sure to smile. Its made such a difference in my life! I have attracted more friends...and a boyfriend...even with my acne!

Dont let your skin get in the way of being happy ...becuz as im reading on this board thats what a lot of people are doing and its not worth it. Confidence attracts people. I think that all you can do is just be the best you can be. Who else agrees?

Well I have had acne for 6 years seeing as ive been dealing with it since i was 10 ... so i dont think it is going away any time soon and i know that but im not going to let it get in the way of my life. im still having fun and staying confident. This year it is at its worst. Before it was mild but still affected me.