Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samariah

cold/reaction/chinese food

okay, i know this isn't directly acne related but i guess it could be. i'm developing a cold i think. nose is all stuffed up, mucous in throat, face/cheeks,neck feels swollen. any good natural remedies? well its either a cold or a bad reaction to something i ate... i had chinese food the night before last night and i def. could tell there was a good amount of msg in it by the taste and the fact that i started getting bad cramps and chest pains while eating it. is msg something that a lot of people have signicant reactions to?

okay, i know this isn't directly acne related but i guess it could be. i'm developing a cold i think. nose is all stuffed up, mucous in throat, face/cheeks,neck feels swollen. any good natural remedies? well its either a cold or a bad reaction to something i ate... i had chinese food the night before last night and i def. could tell there was a good amount of msg in it by the taste and the fact that i started getting bad cramps and chest pains while eating it. is msg something that a lot of people have signicant reactions to?

www.msgtruth.com

www.truthinlabeling.com

Aww, sorry to hear you might be sick Samariah! :( I'd stick to water, maybe some warm, herbal teas (especially one tailored to colds, etc), and it's best to eat light foods when you're sick, so try to stick with raw fruits and veggies if you feel up to eating - I wouldn't see anything wrong with doing some warm cooked veggies or veggie soup either. :)

I find lemon juice and honey to be very soothing to my throat whenever I get sick, especially if my throat gets scratchy.

Neti pots are very helpful - scary to use at first, but they will make you feel so much better! http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_res...param=netti_pot.

If you develop a cough, this is a remedy that might help (cough syrups really don't do any good, and it's really not a good idea to suppress a cough anyway - the remedy below can help to act as an expectorant - I read once that grape juice can act as an expectorant as well).

• 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

• 1 Tablespoon honey

• 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar

• 2 Tablespoons water

Mix and take by the teaspoon.

MSGs are terrible and are responsible for causing all kinds of problems - definitely best to avoid them. :)

Hope you feel better soon! :)