Find results in...
dragon10

how is/were your high school days?

mine suck. x_x

it's the same everyday :(, being the loser in the class

getting laughed at all the time and having people give me blank looks

And I'm probably the only kid in the school that goes to the RR to look at

the mirror at the end of each class

im a college sophomore...college is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than high school.

I loved high school, i was lucky enough to have clear skin back then. In fact i really miss school as silly as that sounds.

It was only the year after i finished school my skin got bad

I loved high school, i was lucky enough to have clear skin back then. In fact i really miss school as silly as that sounds.

I'm currently in high school and it sucks! I'm moving soon so I can start fresh at a new school, in a new state! YAY!

my high school years sucked.

i was in four different high schools in 4 year.

i didnt have alot of friends, i tried everything to avoid going to school, the times i had bad acne on my face, i just didnt want to go to school.

i cut school often and just stayed home and played video games.

i didnt want to go to parties or hang out with people mostly because of my acne, it sucked, if i ever could go back to high school with clear face, i'd give my soul

now i'm in college and it still sucks, i still have acne on my face, today i had like this 3 big zits on my face, i wanted to pop them so bad but didnt and went to my class anyway looking like a zit face, i want clear skin, oh dear god and regiment help me

In a word: Sucky

I was the stereotypical over-weight, acne covered, glasses and braces wearing, kid who sweat too much and always had that "sympathetic" look from teachers when I walked passed or talked to them. Oh yeah, I was friends with my teachers too.

High school sucked, and yes college is way better. Then you go to work & that sucks in a different way :P

Acne did not affect me too much in high school. There were times I was down about my skin, but I thought it was only temporary. I thought I'd grow out of it.

I just wore makeup at the time & it wasn't a big concern. It would kind of yo-yo and go from mild to moderate & back again.

What was awful about high school was the social aspect. I was not made fun of, just ignored. I felt invisible and I did not fit in anywhere. It seemed there was no one else like me with similar interests. Now I realize that I was also contemptuous towards people with that view (assuming they could not understand me) & that my shyness came off as stand-offish. I realize now that people were intimidated by me too. I just became more withdrawn and felt more isolated though.

I also have a tendency to confuse people, as I was the "smart girl", an inner nerd, but my appearance is that of a girly girl who loves clothes & makeup. People had and still have a hard time accepting that you can be into both fashionable & intellectual things. The nerds did not understand me, but neither did the shallow in-crowd. I hung out with these sporty athletic girls just because they were nice, but we had little in common.

Also, I grew up in a small town and knew many people since elementary school and as a kid I was an ugly duckling. I wore glasses, had funny teeth. So even when I became less awkward as a teen, people still thought of me as the odd smart girl. Then they got confused & thought I was snobby when I was only reacting to the way I had been treated previously.

So that is my life story :lol:

My last 2 years of highschool truly were the greatest years of my life.. Small class, very special people, we all loved each other.

college takes less time than highschool and you have more freedom, and you dont have to sing gay as pledges etc and listen to announcements and bells and shit.

anyways my highschool days were terrible, I had some friends in 9th grade, and then when i moved out somewhere, i had no friends, and i mean nONE, through the rest of the 3 years. and 2 years into college and i still dont have a friend. Missed prom and every dance, never had a GF. etc etc.

My acne forced me outta highschool. I couldn't bare waking up everyday to go to school with acne. Not to mention I was always made fun of by my ex. He would always drop little ignorant comments to someone that was around me in class and it totally shut me out of the world. So I left. I wish I could have enjoyed my highschool years but can't do anything about it now..

Yeah I had on and off during highschool but nothing too bad (I may have thought so at the time but now I know better). But 4 weeks before college started BOOM hit the gutter hard. Check out my log for photographical evidence.

Also I think college is definitely better than highschool, but theres definitely WAY fewer people with acne in college, and if they have it ... its very moderate.

Yeah I had on and off during highschool but nothing too bad (I may have thought so at the time but now I know better). But 4 weeks before college started BOOM hit the gutter hard. Check out my log for photographical evidence.

Also I think college is definitely better than highschool, but theres definitely WAY fewer people with acne in college, and if they have it ... its very moderate.

sophmore year and junior year.. was great.. got lots of stares from the popular girls...

then towards the end of junior and on to senior year, my face starting breaking out horribly...acne on the cheeks was kinda minor.. the stuff on my chin/mouth was cystic.. and id get pimples on my nose that would make me look like rudolph the red nose reindeer at times, popped zits alot...

stayed away from my friends, sighs.. never went to proms... Im 28 now and everything is pretty much cleared 5 months ago... but still getting 1 or 2 small white heads every week.

When will it ever end? I cant wait until my next life..... ill have clear skin

High school sucked.

Freshman year was pretty much okay. I was in sports and band and all. I had lots of friends. I was pretty crazy, but had a rep as The Smart Girl, so I could pretty much get away with anything. Hypomanic/manic most of the year (undiagnosed). Had a sadistic boyfriend. Straight As.

Sophomore year I started going to the local branch of a state college. Almost all of my high school friends thought I thought I was better than them and ditched me. College kids would ditch me as soon as they found out my age. High school sucked enough that I started going to college full-time the second semester and only took band and Latin in high school. Then I started skipping school a lot--hs and college. Luckily I retained my The Smart Girl rep in college, too, so profs let me get away with a whole lot of shit. Depressed as all hell most/all of the year (still undiagnosed). Still with the sadist. Sadist manipulated me away from the few relationships I had. Straight A's first semester. C's second semester.

Junior year. Overloaded on college courses. Skipped 75% of them anyway. Still just band and Latin in high school. Quit sports. Had a wonderful boyfriend, 1 good friend, and 1 fair-weathered friend. Depressed as fuck (and still no diagnosis). D's and a couple F's.

Senior year. Decided college might be the problem and went back to hs full-time. HATED IT. WITH A PASSION. Progressed to skipping basically everyday, but, luckily, still held The Smart Girl rep who, of course, could do no wrong. The assistant principle actually caught me skipping many times, but would just stand there and bs with me awhile before letting me frolick out of school unfettered. Flunked out of most classes, but didn't need anything to graduate thanks to previous years of college. Friendships same as junior year. Depressed as FUCK (semi- but ignored diagnosis). F's, as aforementioned.

College Take 2 for the last 4+ years. Depressed as FUCKING fuck through plain ol' fuck through hypomania. Not great, but better than hs, mostly because it's my business if I fuck up and nobody else's. Still have kick-ass boyfriend. Fair-weathered friend is at the same school and not quite so fair-weathered anymore. Was in sorority, but lost contact with sisters for various reasons. Haven't made any other friends.

I was pretty much clear on acne meds throughout hs. Acne only pummeled my ass on acne meds while in college (the second time 'round).

all in all, pretty darn good. of the three high schools i went to, the one i graduated from was awesome for the most part. lots of fond memories.

I didnt like high school because I went to a really small school but I hate junior high. That was the worst, most torturous time in my life