Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok i have this thing where like my pimple automatically turns to a red mark.

Alot of adults tell me u have to pop them or the red stuff will stay inside tats y its red. and i dont know if thats true?

So im wondering if i should pop pimples O.O

I never pooped any pimples btw

for me i generally always popped them either way i was going to get a mark......actually one of my worst red marks was because i didn't pop it....then again retin-a sure does speed up recovery

1. when its at its whitest and somewhat juicy looking, <lols>, pop, and then leave be. don't let anything touch the natural cover, even water is capable of tearing the cover, and thus resulting in red marks. Do it gently, also make sure you get the white stuff out completely, or else it'll just become a whitehead again lol.

Don't pick if premature or post mature, don't pick if its too early or if its too (late=like a good while after its peaked.)

2. also if no picking is done whatsoever, and you don't bother it, it wouldn't scar.

If you have doubts of any kind, follow step 2 or suffer red marks you NOOB.

I think the red marks are to do with the type of skin you have. If a spot is ready to be squeezed then squeezing is what clears it up, after that it begins to heal. Its ones that don't come to a head that linger in my experience :confused:

Nooooo if it's a red bump then leave well alone! Only pop a spot if it's got a large, white head on it; that's the pus making its way to the surface. If I get a whitehead then I disinfect a pair of tweezers and pop it that way. Then I disinfect the wound and leave it to dry up.

should i pop it when i have some scar around the pimple, cuz that area has been gaining alot of acne lately so i dont no what to do >.<

Ok i have this thing where like my pimple automatically turns to a red mark.

Alot of adults tell me u have to pop them or the red stuff will stay inside tats y its red. and i dont know if thats true?

So im wondering if i should pop pimples O.O

I never pooped any pimples btw

Generally speaking, it is best not to pop them. As a few other people have said, if you have a mature pustule, gently popping it might help it to clear out faster. However, you never, ever want to squeeze any kind of red bumps or try to pop a pimple that is still under the skin or that doesn't have a white head of pus at the surface. You only increase your chance of scarring and also may be more likely to cause the bacteria to spread, which may lead to more acne in the surrounding areas. If you squeeze the lesions, they may also break under the surface of the skin which can lead to the development of more serious lesions like cysts. Generally best to leave most pimples alone. You can try icing them to reduce inflamation and redness. A warm compress may help bring it to a head faster, but will probably temporarily redden the pimple.

Dont pop. If you do, not only will the zit pop from the outside but it will also pop from the INSIDE because of the pressure. Have you not ever seen once you pop a zit, the next day you get 3 or 4 really near the one that you just popped? It was probably caused by bacteria spreading to the surrounding skin cells (from the inside).

Oh and if you dont pop you might get Hyperpigmentation (not a scar, there is a difference) but if you do pop you might get an indented SCAR. Which is better to live with?

Just leave it alone and when it is ready it will wash away with your cleanser.

i would avoid popping pimples... if it has a big white head at the tip of the pimple... then i would go ahead and pop it gently and wash ur hands and your whole face after wards... then leave it completely alone!