Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samariah

can dental work affect acne?

when i was younger i had a lot of cavities and as a result had a lot of dental work including a few root canals. could this be affecting my skin/health?

the metal/silver teeth fillings are known for containing 49-53% mercury and negatively impact the body and skin. getting them replaced with composite resin fillings would greatly improve body healing; such as acne lesions. drinking detox tea's would help in removing residual mercury.

when i was younger i had a lot of cavities and as a result had a lot of dental work including a few root canals. could this be affecting my skin/health?

i thought dentists stopped using metal/silver fillings over a decade ago. last filling i had was composite resin which was 7 years ago. maybe it depends on the dentist?

i thought dentists stopped using metal/silver fillings over a decade ago. last filling i had was composite resin which was 7 years ago. maybe it depends on the dentist?

I know that a tooth infection can cause skin flare ups, because this happened to a friend of mine recently. She was having bad breakouts around her mouth and when she finally got her tooth fixed up, the skin problem went away.

Silver fillings are supposed to be bad, but be *very* careful if you have them removed. A friend of mine had hers removed by a respectable dentist, and her tooth was traumatized - now she's having issues with it. They need to be removed very gently, and you need to be doing a mercury detox when it is removed, because apparently mercury is somehow released when they are removed?? I have a couple, but I'm actually scared to have them removed, so for now, I'm leaving them in. :(

Samariah, you are eating so healthfully, and I think that with the addition of so many vegetables and especially leafy greens that you will soon start seeing great improvements with your skin. Also, if there are any issues with your teeth, hopefully your high-nutrient diet will heal whatever might be going on. :)

Anyone else have thoughts on this?