Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mx123

Slipping back into depression

For the last 4 years ago I have been dealing with depression on and off (mostly on) which seemed to just get worse and worse. Until recently when I started to feel better all of a sudden and really thought I was making progress. However for the past couple of weeks, it seems to have started coming back, until the point where I'm at now... I just feel so trapped and helpless. I feel like there is no point in me living and I'm destined for failure. I feel like I will never amount to anything in life and might as well give up now. It's almost as if I've done a full circle and am back to where I started. :(

I just feel like I need to talk about it. :shifty:

It sucks I know.. the only thing I can say is just try not to get too despondent with it all, it's all too easy to get really down on yourself and its hard to get out of that sometimes. Do you have any things you're working towards? College? hobbies? Try and set yourself some ambitions or goals however silly they are and it might help you a little to take your mind off it somewhat.

Barmpot's exactly right. Keep focused on something, don't let it drag you down.

If your at uni or college do not let it make you start missing classes, I've missed a ton this past few weeks and am stressing out about missed work or being marked down. Really not worth it.

If it's the routine thats killing you do something different, pick something up you dropped off a while ago - swimming, drawing or something.

Keep on Keepin' on!

The above suggestions are great :) if you are that low and you are not on meds, you might find they help.

Its gonna sound corny, but have you read the secret? its a 'positive thinking' book by rhonda byrne and it does help immensely in moments of sadness. I suggest you read it, definitely gave me a new outlook on life.

Cheer up, things are never as bad as they seem :)

I too am feeling this way. Although my active acne has left me, I have a scarred face. The top portion of my face, under my eyes, is scarred and looks bad. On top of that, I can't shave close without getting ingrown hairs. I just feel so ugly... It sucks because usually i am very confident, even with the scars, but lately they have been getting to me.

I find its very hard to look at people in the face now, when just a little while ago I had no problem. I have no idea whats going on, I feel i am being judged for my scars and people think I look ugly.

The depression is starting to get bad, I haven't been this depressed in a LONG time :(.

Thanks for all the replies.

Yeh I do go to college, I just have no motivation though. I'm not doing very well there and I doubt I will get good enough grades to get into uni.

I don't really want to go on meds for my depression, mainly because I don't want to become dependant on something to feel "normal".

Yeah you have to be really carefull with the medications.. a lot of people say its best to stay clear of them (if you can).

Have you made many friends at college? That's one of the things that made it so much worse when I started getting depressed because I was so lonely in college.. really lonely, and I still am now. Because i'm a recluse that doesn't help either I guess lol..