Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenstar

Dan's BP vs other brands

I am just wondering how Dan's BP can be better than other brands if they all contain the same active ingredient. Can anyone who has tried both seriously vouch that Dan's BP is more effective and less irritating than Benzac AC 2.5%?

I don't know if I'd claim that Dan's BP is more effective than other brands at the same concentration or necessarily less irritating (although generally people seem to find Dan's BP less irritating than, say, Neutrogena On-the-Spot or Panoxyl, though I don't know about Benzac AC--this really depends on the non-BP ingredients in the product). What really sets Dan's gel apart from the other BPs are its consistency (easily spreadable gel that absorbs to a dry finish and layers well with other products) and its price. For most regimen users, other BP products would probably take care of acne just as well as Dan's does, but they might not go on as nicely (e.g. form white clumps, or just kind of sit on the skin without absorbing, or be too thick to spread evenly, or start balling up when you put lotion or makeup on top), and probably aren't going to be as cheap per ounce even with domestic shipping. If you're not in the US, then the price argument isn't quite as compelling since you have to pay international shipping rates, but it still might work out to be cheaper per ounce than a prescription BP, it really depends.

I don't think Dan's ever said his BP is better than any other brands. He emphasizes it being economical and generously portioned. Meaning you'll pay less for more of pretty much the same product you'd buy at any drug store, such as Benzac AC 2.5%

Even though other 2.5% bp treatment contain the same active ingredient, they still differ from each other. Its like comparing 2 different pairs of leather shoes. They are both effective at protecting your feet when you go out, both made of the same thing, but you could much prefer one over the other for many reasons.

I thought Dan said he uses the best chemicals or ingredients for the product so thats why its superior to others. But the longevity of what you pay for is fantastic.

Haven't tried Dan's bp yet but out of the ones I have tried (oxy, neutrogena, panoxyl, benzac) I like Benzac AC the best. Weird thing about Benzac is 5% seems way better than the 2.5. I was using 2.5% for a couple of months and got clearer but was still getting zits, then I changed to 5% and got TOTALLY clear and stayed that way. Maybe it's just me.

Haven't tried Dan's bp yet but out of the ones I have tried (oxy, neutrogena, panoxyl, benzac) I like Benzac AC the best. Weird thing about Benzac is 5% seems way better than the 2.5. I was using 2.5% for a couple of months and got clearer but was still getting zits, then I changed to 5% and got TOTALLY clear and stayed that way. Maybe it's just me.

Hi PinkSushi

Did you have mild, moderate or severe acne? Don't you find the 5% too drying?

I've used both Dan's BP and the Neutrogena On-the-Spot BP and I'd like to honestly say that Dan's is 10x better. First of all, it goes on much much easier and seems to be absorbing into the skin much better. It also makes my face less dryer than if I were to use Neutrogena. Good luck I hope my input helps.

I have ditched my Benzac AC 2.5% gel and am now using an AHA product called MaMa Lotion every second night. If this does not work for me, I will try ordering Dan's BP now that I have heard people on this and other threads say it's less irritating and more effective than other brands out there.