Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RoxyHart

would any of you guys recommend NARS' infamous orgasm blush?

Well, we all know it's a cult classic that has been winning every blush award since the stone ages, which is making me want to buy it. :D

I know there are thousands of reviews for this blush on makeupalley, but for us oily-skinned, scarred, acne-prone girls, how does this blush hold up? Does it make anybody break out? The color looks diviine in the picture and i'm just dying to try it, but i'd like a few honest opinions on it before I dish out the $$. Thanks dolls. :wub:

^ How does the color go on & how does it wear? What kind of "look" does it give you?

For some reason I imagine a soft flush or glow....

for those that have tried it, is the gold shimmer in it really obvious and accentuate pores? I'm fine with some shimmer, I just don't want my cheeks to look like a disco ball. :lol:

no, it's not a shimmer blush, and it's pretty pigmented; in other words, it is not, imo a sheer blush, although it is definitely buildable. i have a pretty round face, so i like to use more blush than most to contour my face. orgasm is a great everyday blush, but i would say it would be more appealing to warmer colored people. it wears great, doesn't break me out, and i just love the peachy color. i'm a warm person, and tend to wear more earth tones, so this compliments them.

There's also orgasm knock offs if you don't wanna spend the bucks...... I've read that Jane's "blushing petal" blush is a knockoff.. but without the shimmer, and it's only a few bucks. I think Flirt! may also have a knockoff orgasm blush...

there's a fine golden shimmer, which builds a "glow" on the cheeks. i would say the shimmer does accentuate pores and scars. the color - a peachy pink - is just gorgeous. the staying powder isn't all that great though.

I was looking up the ingredients and as soon as I saw Bismuth Oxychloride, I knew I couldn't get the blush. Bismuth oxychloride + me= :cry:

Such a shame because all of their blushes look so amazing, especially Exhibit A!