Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miserable!

WHAT A FUCKING HORRIBLE DAY.

I can't even stop crying. I went to the derm today, for the first time in a long time. It was a fucking war trying to get out of the house with no make-up on. I get there and I'm told my acne is WAY to severe for anything but Accutane. I can't even believe it. I always knew it was bad but NOT THAT BAD to start Accutane. I'm so fucking terrified. I lost my fucking life to acne and I don't know if this is actually gonna suit me. I was appalled about how many steps there are to take before even getting a prescription. Ridiculous. And knowing myself so very well, I'm going to shy away from everyone and everything because it's confirmed it's severe. I don't even know what to say! It's going to be a bigger hell to get out of this house and socialize. It's going to drain me more than I already have been.

Please give me some hope. Has anyone really seem good results? Is it true it might not come back after my 5-6 month course? She said it was gonna help with scarring along with forming new blemishes but I just don't understand how. :/

UPDATE: Also starting Yaz. I think these might just be a winner!

Well...I guess I can relate. It took me a while to accept that I had severe acne. It wasn't severe enough for Accutane, but it was severe and pretty close. I knew it was bad, but it wasn't until my derm told me so that I began to see how bad it really was.

That said, what your derm said to you shouldn't change your feeling about yourself. Just because it is medically graded severe, now, did not change anything about your face or your life between today and yesterday. Try not to let it bring you down. I have known people who have had GREAT success from Accutane. I would congratulate yourself on having a plan to get rid of the acne, and go for it.

Don't worry, hold your head up high, you're lucky.. you're going on a medicine that will hopefully rid your acne for good and you'll have flawless skin in no time!

Im going through the same thing you are, I couldnt even go to the gym with my mom cause I couldnt bring myself to apply all that makeup just to take it off in an hour or so... Its hard, cause she doesnt understand, only people like us do.

And, I myself am going to ask the doctor on friday to put me on accutane, so hopefully we won't suffer anymore---- Good luck

Stay confident. You are going into a war that may last years. You need to keep positive and not change what you do for fun or your friends. Don't turn away from your friends. The battle is about to begin and you are on the front line.

keep your chin up! like other's said. accutane will clear you and hopefully for good, so look at is as a good thing! just make sure to keep positive, and you'll be fine!

If it's any help, Accutane was one of the best things that's happened to me lately! Besides improving my face condition it's helping with my self esteem and now socializing it's actually easier. Good luck anyway. :)

Don't worry, hold your head up high, you're lucky.. you're going on a medicine that will hopefully rid your acne for good and you'll have flawless skin in no time!

Im going through the same thing you are, I couldnt even go to the gym with my mom cause I couldnt bring myself to apply all that makeup just to take it off in an hour or so... Its hard, cause she doesnt understand, only people like us do.

And, I myself am going to ask the doctor on friday to put me on accutane, so hopefully we won't suffer anymore---- Good luck

I know me and a lot of people have been through what youve been through. Theres always good days and bad days with this fight my friend. I fought and I fought and I fought, even when I wanted my life to be over with. Yah, I hid, we all hid from reality. Reality seems perfect except for us. We are the ones that are really struggling to make it. But then, like for me and for everyone else, one day will come. That day will be the day that you get to hold your chin up. That day is the day that you shead tears of joy. Believe me, as much pain as you are in now, is as much happiness you will have when you get to look in the mirror and say I did it. We all thought about quiting at our most sever times, but we all found somethign in ourselves to get through it. Just remember always, that it won't be like this forever. Just get the medicine done with. You will be smilin before you know it alright.