Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Constantine

Question about pasta

I don't know much about gluten.

I took a home coeliac test kit, and it said I wasn't coeliac. But, gluten products could still be the cause of my acne, right?

My skin is shocking close up, but not really bad inflamed spots, just shocking general skin. Its hard to explain.

I am fairly sure pasta causes my acne. Does this make sense?

I eat so healthily, tons of fruit and veg, no sugar at all,...I have porridge with water for breakfast. This is 100% oats and normal water, could this cause acne?

Also, can rice cause acne?

I am fairly sure pasta is pretty bad.

It depends on you and your body. The only way to know for sure is to avoid high glycemic index and/or starchy foods like pasta for a few weeks and see if your skin condition improves. It's not too terribly hard to give up most carbs for two or so weeks, really.

Have you tried diluted apple cider vinegar on your skin? Test a diluted bit behind your ear to check for reactions before putting on your whole face. It serves to nicely tone the skin and its acidity nicely matches the pH of the skin. PLUS you can put it on salads! Win win! :D

"Pasta" is sort of an umbrella term. There are a lot of different pastas out there. Some are high GI, some are medium or low GI despite being considered starchy foods. Look at ingredients. There could be an impact depending on the type of flour used, for example. I would go off for a couple weeks just to see if there's an impact, and then maybe try some different varieties to see how you react.

I don't know much about gluten.

I took a home coeliac test kit, and it said I wasn't coeliac. But, gluten products could still be the cause of my acne, right?

My skin is shocking close up, but not really bad inflamed spots, just shocking general skin. Its hard to explain.

I am fairly sure pasta causes my acne. Does this make sense?

I eat so healthily, tons of fruit and veg, no sugar at all,...I have porridge with water for breakfast. This is 100% oats and normal water, could this cause acne?

Also, can rice cause acne?

I am fairly sure pasta is pretty bad.

wheat pasta contains gluten, so does barley, rye and oats (contamination) i know people that aren't celiac, but have gluten intolerances. i gave up gluten for four days, and immediately reduced the amount of oil on my skin, and all cystic acne lesion stopped forming.

rice shouldn't cause acne because it's gluten free. however, i would only ensure this by buying it from a natural foods store.

some people say acne is caused by a higher glycemic diet. i was doing a low glycemic diet for 3 months, but then realized that it wasn't the sugar in relation to high glycemic that was causing all my problems, but food allergies/intolerances becuase i reintroduced sugar and berries (tree fruits make me break out).

all you can do is try to give up gluten and see. there isn't really harm in not eating wheat. there are plenty other other grains, like the rice or quinoa, or millet, sorghum, etc.