Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I would love some help and advice. One year ago, I noticed a small, dime sized red spot on my left cheek. I actually had a dermatologist say it was sun damage. I noticed some days it was worse. Coffee in the mornings seems to make it inflamed.

One year later (2 months ago), I got it checked again after the other cheek was also reddish. The only difference was that the other side had sort of a lesion, with a couple of bumps. A different derm. said it was seb. dermatitis and prescribed anti-fungal cream. Did not help. Then he prescribed desonide steroid cream. It did help, initially. But then seemed to be making it red, and discolored. At this point, I thought maybe just stop all medicine. After all, I had not been stressing over it for the past year like I was now.

I went to another dermatologist. He said it could be mild rosacea, based on the fact that certain triggers (sun, hot coffee) make it worse. He said my case was "nothing to worry over", "no big deal", but by this point, I obsessed over it each day.

He prescribed 1 Oracea pill a day, along with Finacea. He said he wants to be "aggressive" to get it back under control. Told me to come back in 6 weeks. What should I expect?

TIPS?

don't expect things to clear up right away. Metrogel is a good starter as an anti biotic. Stress is a trigger for Rosc as well. Again let time pass. You should expect some relief with what you've been prescribed. There are many causes of Rosacea, and many treatments that work for some and not others. Let time pass.

Bill

thanks for the encouragement. Each morning, when I awake, it looks the best it looks all day. but then after showering, the areas are real dry. Moisturizer (cetaphil) makes it look redder for a good while. any advice? on moisturizers?

I would love some help and advice. One year ago, I noticed a small, dime sized red spot on my left cheek. I actually had a dermatologist say it was sun damage. I noticed some days it was worse. Coffee in the mornings seems to make it inflamed.

One year later (2 months ago), I got it checked again after the other cheek was also reddish. The only difference was that the other side had sort of a lesion, with a couple of bumps. A different derm. said it was seb. dermatitis and prescribed anti-fungal cream. Did not help. Then he prescribed desonide steroid cream. It did help, initially. But then seemed to be making it red, and discolored. At this point, I thought maybe just stop all medicine. After all, I had not been stressing over it for the past year like I was now.

I went to another dermatologist. He said it could be mild rosacea, based on the fact that certain triggers (sun, hot coffee) make it worse. He said my case was "nothing to worry over", "no big deal", but by this point, I obsessed over it each day.

He prescribed 1 Oracea pill a day, along with Finacea. He said he wants to be "aggressive" to get it back under control. Told me to come back in 6 weeks. What should I expect?

TIPS?