Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarcrash

This may seem crazy but what about using...

Has anyone ventured into the world of hypnotherapy (hypnosis) as a way of influencing the way that each new generation of skin tissue comes in?

I know that this may seem wacky but I never underestimate the mind-body connection, as I believe that it is a lot stronger than most people think.

Anyways, I once found the website of a hypnotist somewhere in Iowa. He said that his brand of hypnosis was specifically for healing scars and stretchmarks. He said on his site that his patients routinely eliminated their scars.

Has anyone ventured into the world of hypnotherapy (hypnosis) as a way of influencing the way that each new generation of skin tissue comes in?

I know that this may seem wacky but I never underestimate the mind-body connection, as I believe that it is a lot stronger than most people think.

Anyways, I once found the website of a hypnotist somewhere in Iowa. He said that his brand of hypnosis was specifically for healing scars and stretchmarks. He said on his site that his patients routinely eliminated their scars.

To me this sounds like a swindler trying to profit off of peoples misfortunes. Penn and Teller and their BULLSHIT show interviewed a hypnotist that claimed she could regrow hair and cure cancer. ANd guess what. Everyone that went to her was still bald. Also she had CANCER PATIENTS that decided not to do chemothearpy because they believed that she could do what she claimed. Now that is just irresponsible.

lmao...man this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. You have scars because of damage to your skin, which is a physical problem, not mental.

lmao...man this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. You have scars because of damage to your skin, which is a physical problem, not mental.

Yes, the initial damage is due to a physical trauma, but healing and regeneration of the body has a lot do with the mind. Even in this day and age, we often find ourselves embracing the antiquated notion that the mind and body and inherently separate and therefore the mind can never influence the body. This thinking, although still prevalent, is right out of the middle ages.

The bottom line is that the mind can influence the body. I am not saying that hypnosis can heal scars, but I am saying that it is an interesting thing to look into for possible post-treatment healing.

To the other poster- Yes, there will always be charlatans. That goes with everything though, especially the medical field...actually, mostly the medical field. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just because that one hypnotist was probably a scam artist, this does not mean you can discount the discipline or the field of hypnotherapy.

Check out this quote:

"Can hypnosis make changes in my body?

You are constantly growing new cells. Every cell that dies off get it's instructions from the old cell, and in the case of skin cells, if there was a scar, the new cell is instructed to form in the same way as the old cell and become part of the scar tissue. But why does this perfectly healthy new cell have to take on the memory of the old cell? We get completely new skin every 20 days. All of our skin cells are replaced. They do not need to be replaced with the old messages. Hypnosis seems to be the messenger that can send information to the new cell, and break the communication of damage or aging, or injury. I have had many clients who have made scars go away." - wendi.com

Timeline Therapy

"Timeline Therapy is an extremely effective means for letting go of negative emotions and limiting decisions. This is done through working with internal concepts of time and memory.

In one case, Timeline Therapy was used for a client who wanted to rid himself of trauma suffered in his youth. The client was caught by a rival street gang and beaten, defecated upon, and disfigured with initials carved on his face. He carried those facial scars for nearly 20 years.

Timeline was used to help him let go of the negative emotions associated with that event. In fact, the client attributed his almost suicidal bouts of depression, lack of confidence with women, and lack of assertiveness in the work place to this particular event. 8 months after the therapy, the client was married, had a baby on the way, and was promoted to supervisor in his company.

Interestingly, an unintended effect had also emerged. 8 months after the therapy, the client's facial scars (which he carried for nearly 20 years) had all but vanished. Without the memory to continue to support the scars, the body could not maintain the scars." - hypnosis-power.com

I am just saying that I am intrigued by all of this.

Guest delta force operators

i use to do this in the form of yoga i got to the point where i could hit a deep trance for two hours and when i woke out i had the highest high i ever felt,

i use to do this in the form of yoga i got to the point where i could hit a deep trance for two hours and when i woke out i had the highest high i ever felt,

i think this is a valid question. i've considered this, cuz i believe in the mind over matter phenomenon. if it's possible though, there's gotta be a right way to do it. that's probably the hard part, figuring out how to make it happen.

i think the more practical application of mind-over-matter is to finally accept the hand you were dealt, and devise mechanisms to lead a happier life. of course, this isn't sufficient for most of us...

This product might be something to look into to employ during post-treatment healing. I know it looks sketchy, but it can't hurt.

Skin Rejuventaion Subliminal CD

"* A recent client had scars left from several surgeries throughout the years. This CD Program was helpful in almost completely eliminating visible scars from the surgeries. He claims his skin tone is healthier and has a beautiful consistent glow to it. His hair also has increased in texture and fullness."

http://www.minddesignonline.com/SkinRejuve...bliminalCD.html

Just throwing it out there for anyone who may be interested

Hypnotherapy wouldn't be a bad idea to try. There a many reports in the media about the success of hypnotherapy, either for psychological or physical reasons.

The best example I remember was in a magazine a few months ago, when the journalist had a few hypnosis seesions to grow her...boob size! After completing the therapy she reported an average growth of a couple of cup sizes! (I must try that sometime! lol)

And there was another story in a UK magazine a few weeks ago of a sleepwalker (captured on camera) who can paint masterpieces at night but cannot draw a straight line while awake! lol This shows how your conscious mind can affect the subsconscious in believing that something cannot be done, i.e. painting in this case.

So, I don't think hypnotherapy is crazy, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. It has improved the lives of millions around the world.

Another form of self- hypnosis is meditation. I find it extremely difficult to achieve but I keep trying!