Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

hair cuts, how often?

It depends on the haircut and your hair type. Some complicated cuts need more maintenance. Some hair types grow out more uneven or show that the ends are uneven more than others. And if the cut was designed to flatter your face, (shorten long face, minimize or emphasize features), the length of the layers might be important and need to be maintained.

It let my one length hair cut grow and only cut it about twice a year and trim my bangs in between. I just don't like going for haircuts. And my hair grows pretty evenly.

Most people I know recommend every six weeks, but it really depends on your hair type and hair cut. I'm lucky enough to have hair that doesn't get split ends easily or frequently, so on low-maintenance hair styles it's no problem for me to go 6 months between cuts.

I get my hair done every 8 weeks....I could probably make it 6, but I can get away with 8. My hair is somewhat long & generally healthy & so the cut doesn't grow out badly.

I just get it trimmed up usually to maintain shape & keep it healthy, and then maybe once or twice a year I take some length off (like last time she took 2 inches off the end).

Most sylists recommend every six weeks, to get all the dead ends off. When I had longer hair I went about eight weeks.

But I recently cut my like Jenny McCarthy's new bob, and I am getting it done every six weeks

I get my hair cut and highlighted about every 3 months. Sometimes I go 4 months, but that's about the longest I can go because my hair is very fine and gets stringy easily.

short layered = 6 weeks

short blunt = 8 weeks

medium layers = 8 weeks

medium blunt = 10-12 weeks

longer = 12 weeks w/fringe trimmed at 6 weeks

you don't really HAVE to get your haircut .. unless it's to maintain a certain cut/style.

your hair isn't alive and there's no such thing as 'dead ends', just split ends.

if you keep your hair pretty healthy and don't have a huge problem with split ends then you should be okay ..

unless you WANT to freshen it up or want a different style.

i had my hair cut above my shoulders and i haven't cut it since.

it's now about three to four inches below my shoulders

and my hair is in good condition.

Well, when I had long hair I only got it cut once or twice a year.

Now that i went for a short cut (a bit shorter than my avatar), I get it cut every 5-7 weeks. I let it go for longer a few months back but it just got looking ratty. Now I pre-book my next appointment before I leave so that I'm sure to maintain it. It gets costly but I think it;s worth it to look and feel good.

Er, only about once a year. And even then, more for the luxury of it then any actual necessity.

I trim my own bangs, and my hair's long enough that I can forego professional maintenance without looking too homeless.

Annnd I'm a cheapskate.

It's been just about a year since I last got my hair cut. It's getting pretty bad but it's just so hard trying to find the time to go see my hair dresser (he's 2 hours away). Normaly I'll get it cut like every six months or whenever it needs it.