Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samariah

swollen bloated face

anyone notice they get a swollen, bloated face? some days my face seems normal and other days i look like i have chipmunk cheeks or just got mega dental work done and my lower face is all puffy. im assuming its from eating certain foods but i haven't noticed it consisently with specific foods enough to pick out a culprit. could it also be a sign of some sort of deficiency or internal problem? there is one thing i know that makes my face bloat and that is dairy, probly partly due to the fact that it is very mucous forming. what other food are mucous forming?

Foods with natural opioids will do this to you. They include:

- Gluten

- Dairy

- Spinach

- Alcohol

thanks

what are some other causes? its really annoying. i feel like i always have to stick my face out so i dont look so swollen sometimes. losing weight will help but im like 120-some lbs and i dont need to lose much more weight.

- Gluten

- Dairy

- Spinach

- Alcohol

thanks

what are some other causes? its really annoying. i feel like i always have to stick my face out so i dont look so swollen sometimes. losing weight will help but im like 120-some lbs and i dont need to lose much more weight.

Those are the only causes I know of. It can take me almost a week just to get back to looking normal after eating some dairy. Fasting also helps. I find that I look a lot leaner and less puffy if I eat only 2-3 larger meals a day with no snacks.

- Gluten

- Dairy

- Spinach

- Alcohol

thanks

Those are the only causes I know of. It can take me almost a week just to get back to looking normal after eating some dairy. Fasting also helps. I find that I look a lot leaner and less puffy if I eat only 2-3 larger meals a day with no snacks.

yeah, im doing a short fast to fend off this cold i'm getting and hopefully i will help with my face. its irritating. i think i find foods that are working for me, then i get a fresh breakout or some other unnatractive side effect. i think i'm going to stick to an anti-candida diet, that seems to work the best for me...

i was doing some reading and overeating/binging or eating at too many intervals can cause swollen salivary glands.