Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Colmeng

Accutane questions please reply!

So i see that nobody is answering my other topic so Im just going to go ahead and make a new one. alright so I have fairly severe acne moderate on face mild on chest and severe on back. Ive been on accutane for 14 days now, and i was wondering when it was that most people started seeing a really significant difference. I also want to know the time when you cleared up.

So if someone could post on their experience with accutane and post both the time when it go significantly better and when they cleared. Thanks.

I don't know for sure as I am on about the 14th day like you, but I've heard it takes at least 2 months

i am on like 1 month and a half. My acne got very bad around day 10, but now its is getting much better and drying up, all though my cysts haven gone away. everything takes time. alot of time

Good luck bud

It started to really kick in after around one month, and new pimples seem to have stopped popping at around 3 months, maybe a bit less ( I'm at 3.5 months right now ).

It depends and it really varies from each individual. I cleared totally within 2 weeks. I knew it because I went for a holiday with horrible skin and came back home cleared. I'm one of those lucky few but my acne wasn't severe to begin with. There was another fellow here before also gotten cleared within 2 weeks of severe acne.

Most people should see results by month 3. That's the average for most on these forums.

im on 2.5 months and it seems worse but my dermatologists assured me that by month 3, my skin should be dramatically better. I hope i hope i hope shes right!

v.new so please be gentle.

I went on Roaccutane quite a few years back and here is the advice I would give to any on it. Follow these instructions religiously.

1. Use sunscreen, do not expose yourself to lot's of intense sunlight, if your skin is damaged it is very hard to repair, believe me.

2. Complete your course of drugs, just because your skin is clear does not mean you should stop taking the drugs.

3. Bear with this treatment as it will work, in the long run. IT WILL WORK, IT IS BRILLIANT.

4. Do not binge drink as you will destroy your liver.

5. Choose a very gentle face wash.

6. Moisturize regularly, TWICE A DAY AT LEAST.

7. Carry vaseline for your lips as they will dry out all the time.

8. If you shave, be careful, use Aloe Vera if your skin becomes sore.

9. Do not wax any of your face as it will rip your skin off.

10. Some people will tell you about problems with depression, personally I was so happy my skin was clearing up I was never depressed.

BELIEVE ME ABOUT THE SUNSCREEN, YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DON'T USE IT. ROACUTTANE WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN VERY WEAK AND THE SUN WILL DESTROY IT VERY EASILY.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT GO TO EQUATORIAL COUNTRIES WITHOUT FACTOR 40-60.

ID recommend roaccutane:

I took the stuff ( it is hard work however) 2 years ago and only very mild and irregular acne since.. Im only on this site now to get some hints for my younger brother..

If you have repititive acne that is interfering with your life and the other medication is not working id recommend taking it

6 months may seem like a long time but in the grand scheme of things its not and it will resolve a life long problem,

Also i only completely stopped getting acne 1-2 months after finishing my dosage so patience is key, also it knocks the fook out of you so be careful, i did drink sometimes , but you are absolutely run down afterwards so be warned cold sores etc

good luck and dont mind all the scaremongering that is around

Thats all really good advice. Just yesterday I noticed that I am clearing up and seeing a significant difference already. Does this mean Ill clear much more readily then most people? and also I'm going to go see my doctor and talk to him about my dosage. Right now I don't even have to use moisturizer all the time, I use it every day (once a day) but I have gone without using it and I didn't see a dramatic skin peeling effect or anything. So should I ask him to increase my dosage because the way I have it now its clearing my skin and has very few side effects, if I increase it my skin could be cleared in half the time right? By the way my original dosage is 30 mgs and thats because I only weigh 50 kg so I'm actually taking a bit more then most peoples starting dose.

Thats all really good advice. Just yesterday I noticed that I am clearing up and seeing a significant difference already. Does this mean Ill clear much more readily then most people? and also I'm going to go see my doctor and talk to him about my dosage. Right now I don't even have to use moisturizer all the time, I use it every day (once a day) but I have gone without using it and I didn't see a dramatic skin peeling effect or anything. So should I ask him to increase my dosage because the way I have it now its clearing my skin and has very few side effects, if I increase it my skin could be cleared in half the time right? By the way my original dosage is 30 mgs and thats because I only weigh 50 kg so I'm actually taking a bit more then most peoples starting dose.

So i see that nobody is answering my other topic so Im just going to go ahead and make a new one. alright so I have fairly severe acne moderate on face mild on chest and severe on back. Ive been on accutane for 14 days now, and i was wondering when it was that most people started seeing a really significant difference. I also want to know the time when you cleared up.

So if someone could post on their experience with accutane and post both the time when it go significantly better and when they cleared. Thanks.

ive had accutane twice, and even after that its slowly comming back (but its very mild now, thankfully).

The first time my acne was moderate/severe, and it took me 2-3 out of the 6month course to see good results. It took about 5 months to be completely clear.

The second time it took 1 month out of the 3 month course to see good results. And it took all 3 months to be completely clear.

This is how mine went:

First month 40mg ED I noticed dry lips and skin.

2nd month 80mg per day, dry skin, peeling lips, somewhat swollen. No change in acne except when I increased to 80 it had a bump of worse spots for about 1.5 weeks.

3rd 120mg ED the increase slightly agrevated the acne but that went down.

At the end of the third month my Derm checked out my back and said "Oh great looks like your all cleared up" I was floored because in the mirror and on progress pics it looked like no change. But then I looked really close about a week later and also looked at my previous pics, and he was right, all my stuff was not a soft pink color and was just in recovery stage. Only one or 2 active spots.

By month 5 if was cleared, (i did 160mg ED for month 4-6)

Best medication ever!

U do get depressed as hell though.