Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ledzep

So I was just wondering...

2 questions really. How long has everyone been dealing with their acne? Me, Im 21 and have been on a 6yr stretch of dealing with this stuff- cant imagine myself growing out of it any time soon as my hopes in that department went down after i turned 20. And secondly, did your parents have acne? Cos both my mum and dad had severe cystic acne and so I know mine is hereditary. A lot people assert that acne is caused by hormonal imbalance, irregular keratinisation etc etc.. but I Know in my case, and im pretty sure in a lot of other people, is that my body is just pre-programmed to react the way it does because of my genetic make-up. Which sucks to be honest.

Any views?

Acne is definitely genetic. My dad had acne, my uncles on both my mom and dads side had acne, and my mom had acne one year of her life. Ive had acne since I was 13. It could be a combination of both genetics and a hormonal imbalance

My dad said he had random pimples growing up, but nothing ever socially crippling. My mom to this day has rosacea and moderately splotchy skin. My brother had exactly what my dad did, just random pimples now and again. Hes completely clear now, but also 3 years older than me. I seem to have the works. But, I can attest my acne to hormonal imbalances. My acne only flared up when I started using testosterone boosters when I was weight lifting seriously.

Either way, its been about 2 years now.

2 questions really. How long has everyone been dealing with their acne? Me, Im 21 and have been on a 6yr stretch of dealing with this stuff- cant imagine myself growing out of it any time soon as my hopes in that department went down after i turned 20. And secondly, did your parents have acne? Cos both my mum and dad had severe cystic acne and so I know mine is hereditary. A lot people assert that acne is caused by hormonal imbalance, irregular keratinisation etc etc.. but I Know in my case, and im pretty sure in a lot of other people, is that my body is just pre-programmed to react the way it does because of my genetic make-up. Which sucks to be honest.

Any views?

Since the 5th Grade and I am 24.

They both had acne.

Views: decide how important your face is and write down what sacrifices you are willing to do, ex: I only drink water and milk - for life.