Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys! im new here. hehe. anyways, i just wanna ask you guys about my plan on using a 2.5% BP instead of my current 5% BP. i just want to know if its ok to do a "downgrade" since i feel that 5% is too drying for my skin. im somehow skeptic of decreasing the BP concentration fearing that my pimples might pop up again. ive been using Panoxyl 5% for a week now and i didnt get any pimple renewals since then. problem is my skin is awfully dry even though i moisturize day and night (i use Olay total effects. any comment on this is most welcome hehe). aside from this, i also take 3 grams of pantothenic acid everyday for its "anti-oil" effect on the skin. well thats about it. hope you guys find time to leave your comments. thanks in advance!

Hey, yeah I think it would be alright to downgrade to 2.5%. If you start to break out you can always go back to 5%. Also, you said you're using Olay total effects? Well I've always found Olay to be really oily, and also it breaks me out. Have you thought about using a different moisturizer, something much lighter like Cetaphil? If pantothenic acid works then keep using it.

yeah Olay is somehow oily for me too before i started using Panoxyl. But right now Panoxyl keeps my face dry, sometimes a little bit too much that my face itches. Im using Olay because it has a sunscreen as well and i think it also has got something to do with flaking. Olay is supposed to have an exfoliating effect on the skin so i guess it adds to the flaking with BP. Aside from that, im also after the anti-blemish effect of Olay. :angel: Anyway, does Cetaphil moisturizer have a sunscreen as well? Im really considering to try other moisturizers. Thanks!

Oh yeah that makes sense. But Cetaphil does make a moisturizer with sunscreen, so maybe you should try it. And if you do downgrade to 2.5%, chances are you'll be less dry.

Definitely try the 2.5 percent. As for moisturizer, go with a lighter one, but apply it the right way. As explained in Oily Skin - HealthyU even oily skin needs moisturizers. What you want to do it apply it when the skin is slightly damp, for example right after you wash and pat dry. That's because moisturizers don't add oil - they just seal it in. When you apply it when the skin is damp, you can better results while using a lighter moisturizer.