Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jon Derrick

Blue/Red light laser after surgery

Hi all,

I have always been very self conscious of my skin due to quite severe acne scarring during adolescence and in April 2007 a Dermatologist in Middlesboro decided that he could make a vast improvement to the the level of scarring on my cheeks using skin resurfacing techniques.

After 7 months and approximately 2000 wasted pounds later it seems that the actual surgery has made very little difference to the cosmetic appearance of my scarring (i wasnt expecting miracles!) but now i feel so much more self conscious of my skin that before the op.

Anywho, i still get some mild/moderate acne on areas of my chin and my forehead, i have tried benzoyl peroxide but i find the stuff very messy, irritating and bleaches your clothes so just wondered about these red and blue light lasers you can get for your home to just clear the acne up a little bit. Firstly do they work at all, would my skin be suitable to use on this (bearing in mind i have quite an oily skin that does improve when exposed to light as i tan very easily plus i had the operations 7 months ago) and finally can anyone recommend a good home laser/light to use please?

Last time i went to see the surgeon i was going to ask him about this but i do not like his attitude and i personally get the impression every time i see him he is trying to find more ways to make money and therefore should i have suggested a home kit, then he would say no just out of spite!

Any ideas would be of great value, thanks

Jon

Hi all,

I have always been very self conscious of my skin due to quite severe acne scarring during adolescence and in April 2007 a Dermatologist in Middlesboro decided that he could make a vast improvement to the the level of scarring on my cheeks using skin resurfacing techniques.

After 7 months and approximately 2000 wasted pounds later it seems that the actual surgery has made very little difference to the cosmetic appearance of my scarring (i wasnt expecting miracles!) but now i feel so much more self conscious of my skin that before the op.

Anywho, i still get some mild/moderate acne on areas of my chin and my forehead, i have tried benzoyl peroxide but i find the stuff very messy, irritating and bleaches your clothes so just wondered about these red and blue light lasers you can get for your home to just clear the acne up a little bit. Firstly do they work at all, would my skin be suitable to use on this (bearing in mind i have quite an oily skin that does improve when exposed to light as i tan very easily plus i had the operations 7 months ago) and finally can anyone recommend a good home laser/light to use please?

Last time i went to see the surgeon i was going to ask him about this but i do not like his attitude and i personally get the impression every time i see him he is trying to find more ways to make money and therefore should i have suggested a home kit, then he would say no just out of spite!

Any ideas would be of great value, thanks

Jon

Hi Jon -- Really sorry about your experience, but take a look at this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Internet-...ts-t172034.html

We are working on finding the best home light devices. -Dan