Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Max-

More Blackheads and clog pores after 3 weeks of accutane

Hi, I notice that I got more blackheads and clog pores after taking accutane. Is that normal? And does anyone here experiencing this problem as well. If so, how long will it go away?

Yeah they will do that. Your skin is trying to get rid of all the impurities and close your pores up so all the crap in them atm will be pushed to the surface.

Ummm ive been on accutane for about 3 weeks and mine are still looking bad. I would expect your skin to be better in a few weeks (around 6-8 weeks into treatment).

Three weeks is really a minute time frame in the course of accutane. You're barely getting started, really. Give it at least two months. Some people break out their entire course and continue improving even AFTER they've stopped the Tane. That happened to me. I had to stop it early due to having emergency surgery but I continued to clear up for many months after I finished my course. I was completely clear by month two or three, I don't remember which.