Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wolfheart

What kind is it?

I keep getting these tiny bumps on the chin, and at the areas around the mouth, that will eventually become inflammated and grow in size. At first they are nothing but a tiny bump.

I'm not quite sure what kind it is. I've had acne for some 3 years, but not really this kind.

Does anyone know what I'm dealing with?

maybe your pores are getting clogged and then its just becoming irritated. i know thats what happend to me before my acne got really bad and thats what i know caused it. cuz i stopped using a washcloth and i just used the lather from bar of soap and this just made them even more clogged. so i just use a washcloth and some gentle purpose wash on that and wash my face like that. cuz bar soaps are known to clog pores. im not sure what your using bud. but everyones skin is different, whats your regimen?

Yeah, it does sound like clogged pores that are becoming inflamed. Manual exfoliation with a washcloth (as manfal mentioned) might help reduce it, but you may also need a product that chemically exfoliates your skin (AHA's BHA's or maybe an over the counter retinoid), and also one that kills the acne bacteria (e.g., benzoyl peroxide). What are you currently using on your skin?