Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sundaegirl

on the spot treatment

Hi

Just wondering what treatments are most effective to TREAT individual spots. I've been prescribed Dianette to clear up my skin. Which I'm told it will. Eventually. :rolleyes: I still get bad stubborn spots always in particularly noticeable part of my face which I've been trying and trying to get rid of. No luck. I've tried BP but that just makes a mess of surrounding skin while leaving my spots even redder and I've heard it slows healing process. I've been taking huge doses of vit C, other supplements, drinking plenty water, I go to bed early. I don't really drink alcohol. use mineral make up. My spots still don't heal. Help?!!! Can anyone suggest anything I can put on them to make them go away!!!

Dalacin T solution Aka Clindamycin phosphate solution. I like it a lot because it clears spots really well. 3 days of usage and pimples will be down- That is if your pimple is not the cystic or severe kind but the papules or pustular kind. Its in my sig but I don't really use it now cos I have no pimples. I only use it when there is.

hmm. BP doesn't work for your spots? It seems they're the only thing effective for my pimples. Calms the infection for me. Perhaps, use it only at night? NEVER squeeze. Just a little dab (rub it in).

You may try Tea Tree Oil (which I hate).

Saliclyc acid gels [Clean & Clear, etc] (to open the pore, allowing air into the pore so it can do it's job of expelling the bacteria/pus/sebum)

Thanks for your replies. I know I was ranting. Just get so frustrated at trying things which don't work. I've got spots which have been hanging about for a coupla weeks without any improvement :rolleyes: I can't take antibiotics as they intefere with Dianette. Is Clindamycin an antibiotic ? I'll look into it. My last experience of BP was a disaster - I could maybe try a low dose I dunno.

Yes Clindamycin is an antibiotic and you can definetely use it while taking dianette. I was on dianette previously and my derm gave me Dalacin T to apply at the same time on individual spots. Dalacin T is a topical antibiotic solution totally, no benzoyl peroxide added and since its a topical and not at a very high percentage( I think its only 0.05%), it doesn't penetrate too deep to affect dianette, that's why my derm gave it to me.

3 days of usage and the pimple will be down for me. My acne is the papule sand pustular kind. Your doc will also advise you on how to use it. I checked the percentage of my Dalacin T, its only 1%

Hi

Just wondering what treatments are most effective to TREAT individual spots. I've been prescribed Dianette to clear up my skin. Which I'm told it will. Eventually. :rolleyes: I still get bad stubborn spots always in particularly noticeable part of my face which I've been trying and trying to get rid of. No luck. I've tried BP but that just makes a mess of surrounding skin while leaving my spots even redder and I've heard it slows healing process. I've been taking huge doses of vit C, other supplements, drinking plenty water, I go to bed early. I don't really drink alcohol. use mineral make up. My spots still don't heal. Help?!!! Can anyone suggest anything I can put on them to make them go away!!!