Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a number of rather large inactive cysts on my neck area...should I get cortisone injected into em? it's just like they won't go away...they don't hurt or anything they are just ooooogly.

didn't have cystic acne before tane...really a piss off that my skin went from mild to severe since I've started tane...gg

I would if I were you but I won't guarantee they will go away after the first injections. I have three cysts which I have had since at least May. I finally got them injected because I finally got brave enough to let them inject my face. It has been a couple of weeks and they have gone down a bit but I think they will have to inject mine again at my next appointment. I know a girl back home who ever time she gets a cysts she goes to her derm to get them injected. Lucky for her, her derm is in the same town whereas mine is two hours away. These are the only cysts I have ever gotten. I would but that is just me. Hope this helps. Good Luck

On the depressions I think it depends on the dose they inject you with and how much they inject them. My fist derm, four year of injection and nothing ever happened. My last derm made depressions in my back after injecting the keloids for six months and they went down fast. But the derm I go to now, the keloids don't really seem to be going down .and they have been injecting them almost every month since May. When they injected the cysts on my face they diluted the solution. If you have it done ask if they will dilute the solution and don't have them inject them too much.

regarding cort. injections...will they work on those "holes" that keep filling back up?? ive only had one injection-on my chin in this undergrounder that wouldnt go away. it worked, kinda. still there a bit. no depression, not completely gone. i really want those recurrent ones to die!!

Flossy - I'm not sure what you are talking about. Is it a bump or is it a depression you want to come up to be flat with your skin?

PublicEnemy - I have no idea. I have read posts where the cysts go away and then there is me who has had them at least seven months and they won't go away. If no one else gives you an answer on here I would call your derm and see what they say. I am no experts so I don't want to tell you the wrong thing.

Flossy - I'm not sure what you are talking about. Is it a bump or is it a depression you want to come up to be flat with your skin?

PublicEnemy - I have no idea. I have read posts where the cysts go away and then there is me who has had them at least seven months and they won't go away. If no one else gives you an answer on here I would call your derm and see what they say. I am no experts so I don't want to tell you the wrong thing.

i am talking about literal holes that i guess are dialated pores. they fill up (gross, i know) with makeup, oil, whatever. i can express them out, but the hole remains. the cycle continues. will cortisone keep the whatever from coming back? would some kind of cosmetic filler be a posibility??