Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Time4HighSelfEsteem

Is oatmeal really acne causing?

My ayurvedic doc told me i could eat it. but I just read on here people have to give it up. What can I eat for breakfast then? All i eat is eggs and oatmeal. I do smoothie with non sweet fruit and almond milk, but sometimes I need to feel warm. Oatmeal, real oats are not too glutenous...so..?

hehe your skin looks nice , your so beautiful i know you hear it alot :)

anyways

I wanna know if it cause acne!! i love oatmeal!!

but i think is bad with Milk!!!

=\

sucks to have acne can't eat food that i love!! lol

The main problem people have with oatmeal is that all commercial oatmeals I know of except for two that you can buy online have significant amounts of gluten in them. Gluten is an acne-causer for a lot of people here.

My ayurvedic doc told me i could eat it. but I just read on here people have to give it up. What can I eat for breakfast then? All i eat is eggs and oatmeal. I do smoothie with non sweet fruit and almond milk, but sometimes I need to feel warm. Oatmeal, real oats are not too glutenous...so..?

You'll react if you are celiac or have a gluten intolerance. I think it's hard to find oatmeal that's gluten free (oatmeal itself doesn't contain gluten, but is often contaminated). I'm sure wikth ayurvedic medicine depending on what you are, he/she's suggesting to eat cooler or warmer foods, but even so, you may have intolerances to those foods they're recommending. What foods can you eat or not eat?

I think most milk substitutes are pretty bad, rice milk is mostly carbs and some contain gluten (from barley) and they also have been found to be fairly high in arsenic.

If you have creamy type oats, water is ok, or if you don't like that try adding some coconut milk (lots of a water & a bit of coconut milk).

You can get gluten free oats, but you could of course still have problem with oats though (if indeed you do have a real problem with oats).

Thanks! I will try the quinoa.

Foods I don't eat:

Meat

Fish

Coffee or black tea

Bread that is not sprouted

No wheat

No dairy except organic hormone free egg

Only almond and walnuts..no other nuts

No sweet fruits, just blueberry, rasberry and acai and sour cherry

No sugar

My skin looks like the worst it has look since before accutane. I have been crying all morning not able to work or do anything. I am going back to the way I was paralyzed by this condition. The worst is the red spots. They make my face look a lot worse than it is. The pic does not show what my skin looks like now...It is pockmarked with red marks and little bumps of clogged pores all on my jaw line. and some scabs on cheeks. I cant functin like this!!!!!!

I eat oatmeal daily, Monday thru Friday at least because it's all I have time to make on my work mornings and I haven't seen it have any effect whatsoever on my acne. I've recently started a new regimen (see my other posts on other topics if you're interested) that's working wonderfully for me. My face is clearing up drastically and I'm still eating my oatmeal.

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. :]

Foods I don't eat:

Meat

Fish

Coffee or black tea

No wheat

No sugar

My skin looks like the worst it has look since before accutane. I have been crying all morning not able to work or do anything. I am going back to the way I was paralyzed by this condition. The worst is the red spots. They make my face look a lot worse than it is. The pic does not show what my skin looks like now...It is pockmarked with red marks and little bumps of clogged pores all on my jaw line. and some scabs on cheeks. I cant functin like this!!!!!!

Foods I don't eat:

Meat

Fish

Coffee or black tea

No wheat

No sugar

Foods I don't eat:

Meat

Fish

Coffee or black tea

No wheat

No sugar

I totally know how you feel. I'm sure we all do. I've been trapped in my house for almost three years trying to figure out what the cause of my acne was. I have turned down friends, trips, dates, etc. all because my acne has made me feel ugly, and the worst part was I had no control, and was so tired of putting on the creams, popping pills, etc.

Three years later and I've finally figured out it's related to food intolerance/allergies.

Is the no meat from the ayurvedic diet?

I'm starting to believe that all acne, especially adult is food related since eating foods we're intolerant to which cause inflammation. Typically that would result in ezcema or hives but instead at least for me it's an increase in oil, blackheads, whiteheads, you name it.

From your diet, the only things I can see that might be causing a problem, or could be altered is the eggs, almonds, walnuts, and maybe the cherries.

With the sprouted bread, it's probably ezekiel (sp), right? I don't eat gluten, but because it's sprouted, I don't know if it will have the same effect. Maybe try cutting that out. I know it's a lot of food to be limited to. I know, I know, I know. It totally sucks, but Ive accepted that for now, if I want to be happy I have to just suck it up and ignore my coworkers talking about how good their bagels and apple spice muffins are each morning.

Everyone is different, and everyones body reacts differently and everyones acne is different.

This is what is keeping me clear (zero oil, which was a huge problem, no cystic, no new pimples anywhere, but yet, still some red marks): the foods I can eat

organic turkey

organic chicken

berries (no other fruits especially not from trees) variations of that like organic jellies without apple juice concentrate of course

mostly organic vegetables (no olives or olive oil, no avocados, again, I have severe tree allergies)

brown rice (newly introducted)

allergen free (enjoy life) choc. chips

supplements:

acidophilus

flax oil (3 capsules daily)

2 accunatural supplement 2x daily (this has really helped)

I may be bandaiding it a little with the last supplement, but at this point, i can't really cut anything else out of my diet. I'm 5'7 and have gone from 120 to about 112. I have a very fast metabolism which is NOT a blessing as some people would say.

I'm waiting for some blood tests to come back, and will probably have to correct that embalancing causing the allergies, with help from my naturopath.

I have also reintroduced sugar after not eating for a few years thinking that's what was originally causing it. it was actually the wheat since i had given up cookies, cakes, etc.

I hope this helps you, and as much as I can say I totally relate, I know how much you just want it to go away, and get up and just get dressed and fix your hair, put some makeup on crystal clear skin and feel good about yourself.

acne makes me want to wear pajamas all day.

also, i totally commend you for doing the alternative methods. they are the only thing that has worked for me, and the one thing i can say good from my skin problems is i realized the hidden chemicals in things, etc.

since acne comes from the inside, maybe try washing your face with just water, or veg. glycerine soap. and that's all. try not putting anything on it either.

Foods I don't eat:

Meat

Fish

Coffee or black tea

No wheat

No sugar

I totally know how you feel. I'm sure we all do. I've been trapped in my house for almost three years trying to figure out what the cause of my acne was. I have turned down friends, trips, dates, etc. all because my acne has made me feel ugly, and the worst part was I had no control, and was so tired of putting on the creams, popping pills, etc.

Three years later and I've finally figured out it's related to food intolerance/allergies.

Is the no meat from the ayurvedic diet?

I'm starting to believe that all acne, especially adult is food related since eating foods we're intolerant to which cause inflammation. Typically that would result in ezcema or hives but instead at least for me it's an increase in oil, blackheads, whiteheads, you name it.

From your diet, the only things I can see that might be causing a problem, or could be altered is the eggs, almonds, walnuts, and maybe the cherries.

With the sprouted bread, it's probably ezekiel (sp), right? I don't eat gluten, but because it's sprouted, I don't know if it will have the same effect. Maybe try cutting that out. I know it's a lot of food to be limited to. I know, I know, I know. It totally sucks, but Ive accepted that for now, if I want to be happy I have to just suck it up and ignore my coworkers talking about how good their bagels and apple spice muffins are each morning.

Everyone is different, and everyones body reacts differently and everyones acne is different.

This is what is keeping me clear (zero oil, which was a huge problem, no cystic, no new pimples anywhere, but yet, still some red marks): the foods I can eat

organic turkey

organic chicken

berries (no other fruits especially not from trees) variations of that like organic jellies without apple juice concentrate of course

mostly organic vegetables (no olives or olive oil, no avocados, again, I have severe tree allergies)

brown rice (newly introducted)

allergen free (enjoy life) choc. chips

supplements:

acidophilus

flax oil (3 capsules daily)

2 accunatural supplement 2x daily (this has really helped)

I may be bandaiding it a little with the last supplement, but at this point, i can't really cut anything else out of my diet. I'm 5'7 and have gone from 120 to about 112. I have a very fast metabolism which is NOT a blessing as some people would say.

I'm waiting for some blood tests to come back, and will probably have to correct that embalancing causing the allergies, with help from my naturopath.

I have also reintroduced sugar after not eating for a few years thinking that's what was originally causing it. it was actually the wheat since i had given up cookies, cakes, etc.

I hope this helps you, and as much as I can say I totally relate, I know how much you just want it to go away, and get up and just get dressed and fix your hair, put some makeup on crystal clear skin and feel good about yourself.

acne makes me want to wear pajamas all day.

also, i totally commend you for doing the alternative methods. they are the only thing that has worked for me, and the one thing i can say good from my skin problems is i realized the hidden chemicals in things, etc.

since acne comes from the inside, maybe try washing your face with just water, or veg. glycerine soap. and that's all. try not putting anything on it either.

I never had problems with oatmeal. My skin improves while I'm eating it (though I am not saying oatmeal helps with acne) or without eating it.

The main thing about oatmeal is that I eat it like cereal. It's especially good with whole milk or rice milk. I like to add a few teaspoons of sugar though, but personally I wouldn't cook oatmeal.

WoW, you all rock. So the no meat is ayurvedic. The doc say I have to avoid any toxins and the fish has mercury from the sea, and the meat, even if it is hormone free etc stil might have a level of toxins just from the other animal metabolizing the environmental toxins whethe it be water or air.

What is accunatural? Hmmm, i didn't even think that is might be the mac makeup. I used to use Clinique which was good and then I switched to mac as i was not having issues for a while after accutane. Then it all came back, Maybe it is the makeup to. I just bought a new bottle to. It is soooo expensive.

I wondered if all the things I put on it is making it worse. I just never know. Yay, I told my bf I am so ashamed of it. He said he never noticed until I started talking about it. Crap. I had to open my stupid mouth, Then I had such a hard day with this stuff, that I was a big crab and picked a fight with him. A friend of mine said this is a lesson to finally see my true beauty. It is the sum of so much more than the outside. Somewhere when I was young someone told me I wasn't beautiful. I am not clear on the root of this obsession.I used to get made fun of when I was a kid because of a birthmark on my face which is now faded. It was a discoloration the skin color. Kids said it looked like a "doo doo stain".

My bf said to ask before I go to sleep for my dream to tell me the root of this suffering. I thinkI am gonna try it. Goodnight and I really appreciate you all. You are very beautiful people inside. I can feel it. I can't see you on the outside as some of the pics are probably false avatars. But I am sure you are beauty on the outside to with or without acne. I have to believe for myself I guess to.

WoW, you all rock. So the no meat is ayurvedic. The doc say I have to avoid any toxins and the fish has mercury from the sea, and the meat, even if it is hormone free etc stil might have a level of toxins just from the other animal metabolizing the environmental toxins whethe it be water or air.

What is accunatural? Hmmm, i didn't even think that is might be the mac makeup. I used to use Clinique which was good and then I switched to mac as i was not having issues for a while after accutane. Then it all came back, Maybe it is the makeup to. I just bought a new bottle to. It is soooo expensive.

I wondered if all the things I put on it is making it worse. I just never know. Yay, I told my bf I am so ashamed of it. He said he never noticed until I started talking about it. Crap. I had to open my stupid mouth, Then I had such a hard day with this stuff, that I was a big crab and picked a fight with him. A friend of mine said this is a lesson to finally see my true beauty. It is the sum of so much more than the outside. Somewhere when I was young someone told me I wasn't beautiful. I am not clear on the root of this obsession.I used to get made fun of when I was a kid because of a birthmark on my face which is now faded. It was a discoloration the skin color. Kids said it looked like a "doo doo stain".

My bf said to ask before I go to sleep for my dream to tell me the root of this suffering. I thinkI am gonna try it. Goodnight and I really appreciate you all. You are very beautiful people inside. I can feel it. I can't see you on the outside as some of the pics are probably false avatars. But I am sure you are beauty on the outside to with or without acne. I have to believe for myself I guess to.