Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enlightened

Drinking lemon water

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know about a great way to help clear acne. It's really easy too and works well.

Buy a 2 liter bottle of water and some lemons. Each morning, sqeeze one lemon and add to the water. Finish one bottle each day.

This detoxifies your liver and digestive system and I've read you can see changes in as little as one week.

Good luck....

You have no scientific or medical evidence to back up your claim that lemon water "detoxifies your liver and digestive system". Drinking water is good for your skin, but lemon water won't cure acne. If it was that easy, no one would have acne.

You have no scientific or medical evidence to back up your claim that lemon water "detoxifies your liver and digestive system". Drinking water is good for your skin, but lemon water won't cure acne. If it was that easy, no one would have acne.

From personal experience, drinking lemon water gives a feeling of well-being (especially after urinating). It makes me have a nicer complexion. I think it's a good idea to drink some lemon water to help achieve great skin.

He never said lemon water would "cure" acne. He said it could help

A simple search with google brought up many claims of lemon water detoxifying the digestive system, and I believe on these boards many people believe acne could be partially caused by a dirty digestive system.

Therefore, I think its quite possible lemon water could help diminish acne.

I'm tired of people spreading false hope with these "simple, all natural cures" that are supposed to work, but don't have any medical, scientific or evidenciary support to back up such claims. If drinking copious amounts of water cured acne, I wouldn't have it.

I know they recommend lemons because of their acidity; limes I think may have more sugar, not completely sure. Generally though, sites recommend lemons.

well I just joined, although I read board all the time. What Im tired of is people who say "natural cures" are not true.

I dont understand this false hope you speak of.

I live in Japan, we solely believe in natural medicine, more than your modern medicine. We have acne, we drink green tea and we believe it helps. We drink tea for many types of disorders. Many people do, and this is their choice.

You stick to your medical evidence and science, but dont put others down because they believe different from you.

Even if it isn't an absolute cure it can't hurt to include it for a while see what happens? You can still do your reg.

But Jordan's right tho - use a straw for your teeth... :D

well I just joined, although I read board all the time. What Im tired of is people who say "natural cures" are not true.

I dont understand this false hope you speak of.

I live in Japan, we solely believe in natural medicine, more than your modern medicine. We have acne, we drink green tea and we believe it helps. We drink tea for many types of disorders. Many people do, and this is their choice.

You stick to your medical evidence and science, but dont put others down because they believe different from you.

Fox I certainly never said it is a cure! I think after 14 of acne, sometimes severe and cystic, I would realise there is not yet a cure discovered for acne (I wont rule it out for the future though, we can only hope, heh?)

All I was saying is that by cleansing our body of toxins, we might make it easier on our skins to deal with acne better. So istead of it geting all inflammed at the slightest change of hormone levels, it might become stronger and handle it better.

Our body is made up many different compartments but it is still one body and each compartment links with the other and affects how well the other functions.

By having a healthy clean colon and a good strong liver and strong kidneys, our bodies can eliminate toxins more efficiently, and this might take a bit of presure off our skins.

......anyway, I have decided to also add my ACV with the same water and drink it throughout the day,

....so in the morning I fill my 2 liter bottle with water (leaving some space for he lemon and ACV)

Add juice of one lemon, and 6 table spoos of ACV.

I dont know if the water will affect the effectiveness of the lemon or ACV but I put it in the refridgerator and drink it cold (I've been told drinking cold water burns calories so I thought "might as well kill two birds with one stone!")

You have no proof that lemons "cleanse the body of toxins". True, pure lemon juice can kill germs, but not necessarily in your body. And how do you know that it actually removes these toxins and germs? So what is it about lemons? WHy not pineapples, or carrots, or butter? DO you see what I mean? You have no proof that lemons do anything. I'm not against natural remedies, I'm against these notions that certain things work when there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE.

And hisashi, I do agree with what you said about green tea, not that it cures acne, but there are dozens of studies that prove its antioxidant benefits. Therefore, I can definitely see the benefits (to the whole body) from drinking green tea, but the same benefits can't be attributed to lemons.

Fox have you missed the the 2 LITERS OF WATER part? Water is the BEST detoxifer of the body, that is why we die without it. The lemon by itself with do nothing and one glass of water with lemon juice will do nothing either.

There you go- you said it yourself. It's the water that helps improve skin, the lemon does nothing. Everyone knows that water is vital for good health, but your claims made it seem as if lemons had some sort of properties that were especially effective against acne. At least you finally admitted that there is no scientific support for your claims that lemons cleanse the body of toxins.

I never said lemons cleans your body of toxins, said drinking 2 liters of water with one lemon will help cleans your digestive system and therefore your liver. Lemons are very high in ANTIOXIDANT vitamin C and potassium.

Since i lift weights, its kinda needed that i drink a gallon of water everyday. A month i added lemon to every glass i drank. All i have to say is i just noticed my skin is a lot better.

I've been squeezing half a lemon in my water every day and I've noticed a difference. I think it takes about a month though before you can truly see results, so dont give up after the first week! Btw, if you hate the taste of lemon in your water, like I do, adding sugar helps

i have been drinking lemon water since i can remember can get enough of the stuff...dont really think it changes anything for me but ill still continue drinking it

There you go- you said it yourself. It's the water that helps improve skin, the lemon does nothing. Everyone knows that water is vital for good health, but your claims made it seem as if lemons had some sort of properties that were especially effective against acne. At least you finally admitted that there is no scientific support for your claims that lemons cleanse the body of toxins.