Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lalalalaloopsy

Are lentils and sweet potatoes good?

I'm going grain-free and I may decide to start eating eggs from the health food store that come from places where the chickens are treated humanly and don't suffer. I also don't eat meat. If I can fulfill my calorie needs than I may eliminate eggs. My personal choice. Anyways, I was wondering if sweet potatoes and lentils are okay?

I recently cut out gluten and corn and have upped my intake of rice (white). I've noticed that whenever I eat anything with rice in it my face becomes immediately oilier, literally. So that is what led me to stop eating grains. Also, grains seem to make me feel sick and cause a lot of problems. And I need stuff to eat...

Any other suggestions of food I could eat would be nice! :wub:

Thank you very much!

Lentils are quite good for you; they also serve a good purpose in increasing the feeling of satiety. Same goes for sweet potatoes! There are many terrific recipes all over the web and there are likely a few on this website in this forum here!

lol, i actually just added sweet potatoes to my gluten and mostly grain-free diet. Because I lift weights and try to get a lot of calories, these are one of the few healthy, calorie dense foods that doesnt aggrivate my acne and may help it due to high vitamin A and C content as well as fiber.I probably eat 3 medium to large ones a day.

I want to become veggie!!!

It seems so amazing... perhaps when I'm a little older (my mind is too weak and immature to become vegetarian!)

Sweet Potatoes = LOVE

Eat them! They're great. Lovely stuff.

Lentils... haven't tried them. But buy organic and they should be amazing! Indian cuisine uses it A LOT! It must be great.

I'm going grain-free and I may decide to start eating eggs from the health food store that come from places where the chickens are treated humanly and don't suffer. I also don't eat meat. If I can fulfill my calorie needs than I may eliminate eggs. My personal choice. Anyways, I was wondering if sweet potatoes and lentils are okay?

I recently cut out gluten and corn and have upped my intake of rice (white). I've noticed that whenever I eat anything with rice in it my face becomes immediately oilier, literally. So that is what led me to stop eating grains. Also, grains seem to make me feel sick and cause a lot of problems. And I need stuff to eat...

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!

If you have a problem with grains, you might also have a problem with legumes. Do you eat other legumes? It helps to make sure they are soaked prior to cooking, even legumes like lentils and split peas which can be cooked quickly without soaking.

Thank you very much!

If you have a problem with grains, you might also have a problem with legumes. Do you eat other legumes? It helps to make sure they are soaked prior to cooking, even legumes like lentils and split peas which can be cooked quickly without soaking.

What does squash taste like? Does it taste good?

Butternut squash tastes kind of similar to sweet potatoes. Personally it's one of my favourite foods ever... but I guess you'll have to try it to know if you like it or not...

I just went to the health food store and got some lentils and I will be getting some sweet potatoes soon. I added eggs to my diet but the chickens are treated nicely so that makes me feel a little better. I'm still looking into more things that I can add to my diet though so hopefully I will be able to take the eggs out of my diet and go back to being a full vegan. :D I also got some squash too so hopefully I like that.

Thanks for the help! :)

I just went to the health food store and got some lentils and I will be getting some sweet potatoes soon. I added eggs to my diet but the chickens are treated nicely so that makes me feel a little better. I'm still looking into more things that I can add to my diet though so hopefully I will be able to take the eggs out of my diet and go back to being a full vegan. :D I also got some squash too so hopefully I like that.

Thanks for the help! :)

SWeet potatoes are awesome..... I just had some last night.... cooke em in coconut oil and a little honey, sea salt and cinnamon.... OMG!!!! AMAZZZZINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try it....

wow. :redface: great idea

I can't believe in my prior posts I didn't express my enthusiasm for sweet potatoes. Excellent choice. I frequently have them for breakfast.

Also, for those who don't know what to do with them. There's a discussion thread devoted to sweet potatoes in the pinned Food and Recipe Index.