Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phate

Is this rosacea or normal?

Hey guys. I have recently notice that my face is sort of red. The upper part of my face, from the middle of the nose to the top of my eye, is more red than the rest of my face. I was wondering if I had rosacea because my skin is pale up until that section, then its red.

A picture: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4770/rsoaceatl3.jpg

lately i have been using an alcohol based aftershave, and my skin seems dry. Maybe its irritated? Thanks. It's isopropyl alcohol aftershave. I use white tea/ginseng face wash that contains glycolic acid. Any advice would be so appreciated!

Thanks

1) what is your genetic background?

2) does your parents have red faces?

3) If you flush, then yes. If you drink and your face gets red, or after you do activities, and your face at times feels warm/hot and the red is more pronounced then yes...

Personally, I dont think it is rosacea.

No one in my family has rosacea. I took a hot shower today, like steaming hot, and noticed my face has been red almost all day. However, I did notice some redness a couple weeks ago. I guess I am fretting for nothing though lol.

Anyone one else any opinions? Might it just of been because of the hot water shower? What is flushing exactly? My face feels warm right now... but that might be because im stressing over my face...

People with sensitive skin may blush/flush in heat, after eating spicy food, after excercize, after drinking caffeine, and you may not be able to tolerate as many products on your skin as others.

This skintype is more vulnerable to developing rosacea than other skintypes.

I believe rosacea is when you have a chronic redness in your face (usually on the nose and cheeks) and your skin is extremely sensitive, and it is not just a temporary thing from irritation.

I believe I have rosacea, I have chronic mild redness on my nose, cheeks, and chin. Most cosmetics and skin care products and treatments burn my face, touching my face makes it more red which lasts a while. Laying my head on my pillow tingles and burns a little if I focus on it.

I blame it on using and being prescribed overly-harsh acne treatments, gradually damaging my skin. I was on azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide, klaron, and then some idiot put me on retin-a when I already had this redness and sensitivity.

I think the Klaron is actually good for people with rosacea. Maybe I'll ask for that again.

The redness is too uniform and generalized to be rosacea. It looks like an irritation associated redness.

No alcohol based aftershave (sorry) and only warm water (rather than hot) will help the redness go away. Thanks for your PM, I should have posted the answer here rather than only via PM. :)

I agree with everyone else here. That is definitely not rosacea. Your face looks a little pink like mine does but its probably just irritation. Rosacea is red as a tomato and your face definitely isnt that red. Next time take a warm shower not a steaming hot shower and see if that helps. How about you go splash cold water on your face right now.

Hi there -

That doesn't look like Rosacea to me. You may have some irritation though. Maybe your clearnsers/skincare are too harsh? Weather cold in your area? Allergies? I do have Rosacea and though I'm not "red as a tomatoe" my cheeks/nose are a light pink. Just a little blotchy. Rosacea is characterized by having redness mainly on one or more of the following areas: cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead. Generally, the redness is from sun exposure (can show up years later) and flushing/burning/tingling in the skin. For example, I get embarrassed when scared/nervous and then I flush. If you don't have burning or flushing episodes - then I'd say it's something else.

I'd look at your skincare and ingredients. Sodium Lauryl/Laureth sulfate in cleansers/shampoos can be irritating to skin. They are mine. There may be other irritating ingredients in your cleanser or it could be drying. Also, allergies can effect your skin as well as eyes/nasal passages. Also, cold, drier, windy weather dry out/irritate skin. I'd follow-up with a Derm. to see what's going on.

Cheers.

Yvette

Hi there -

That doesn't look like Rosacea to me. You may have some irritation though. Maybe your clearnsers/skincare are too harsh? Weather cold in your area? Allergies? I do have Rosacea and though I'm not "red as a tomatoe" my cheeks/nose are a light pink. Just a little blotchy. Rosacea is characterized by having redness mainly on one or more of the following areas: cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead. Generally, the redness is from sun exposure (can show up years later) and flushing/burning/tingling in the skin. For example, I get embarrassed when scared/nervous and then I flush. If you don't have burning or flushing episodes - then I'd say it's something else.

I'd look at your skincare and ingredients. Sodium Lauryl/Laureth sulfate in cleansers/shampoos can be irritating to skin. They are mine. There may be other irritating ingredients in your cleanser or it could be drying. Also, allergies can effect your skin as well as eyes/nasal passages. Also, cold, drier, windy weather dry out/irritate skin. I'd follow-up with a Derm. to see what's going on.

Cheers.

Yvette