Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RahGoAwayAcne

Antibiotics & Alcohol

I went to the doctors an he put me on anti-biotics that I take once in the morning, once at night. I've been doing this for about 3 weeks, not much improvement but he said it wont take effect until a month in.

Anyway a week a go I went out for the night and got quite drunk, my face was 'ok' not perfect but bareable. The following 4 days my skin had become immensley oily, sweeping out non-stop for 3 days and left my face in a right state. I never experienced anything like it. Was it a reaction from the anti-biotics an the alcohol ? If i ever want to go out in the future, how long before hand shoul I stop taking the anti-biotics then how long after ?

Also it says not to take Zinc an hour after taking the Anti-biotic, do you think I should stop my Zinc supplements altogether ?

When I got prescribed minocyclines (tetracyclines), my derm said that I shouldn't drink alcohol during the period I'm eating it... Although I don't think it reacts the way that your acne get worse.. Just stick to you regimen! ;)

And the supplement part, the only supplement I read was bad to eat during my tetracycline period was iron supplements.. Haven't heard of any others.. And i don't know if it applies to any other antibiotics.