Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ApocalypseNow

Oily skin

I've been the regimen for over 3 years, having success with some things, and now in a state that I'm happy with what I'm using. But I still have very oily skin that makes my face look like an oil slick if I don't dab it off with a tissue or paper towel every couple hours. Is there something I can do about this? I currently use Purpose Cleansing Bar and Zapzyt (used to use a moisturizer but the oil made it unnecessary). Is there a supplement or a different cleanser or something to keep the oil down? Tried the oil-absorbing sheets and they didn't do anything that a tissue couldn't already do.

I seem to have the same problem as you have currently! my forehead is soo oily at the end of the day.. i had it on the rest of my face as well but i used less moisturizer and it disappeared..

For me it's not clear how to get rid of it.. i've read many threads about it and they are all like

"Use less moisturizer" (yea i am!)

"Use a different moisturizer try xxx!" (already tried that..)

"Try washing more often!" (my face will dry out too much and start flaking..)

Only thing i haven't tried so far was the fish oils and zinc.. i do have some sort of supplements that help but not specificly those 2. perhaps try that?

Same here, I've been taking liquid cod liver oil, liquid fish oil, zinc, and pantethine for a month now to try and combat my oily skin, but I've only seen a slight improvement

There has to be something that can help with this

How long have you been taking the fish oils ApocalypseNow? It took nearly 3 months for me to see a reduction in oil production.

Try Aloe vera gel. The closer you find to 100% the more drying it will be. Great for getting rid of redness too.

Try Aloe vera gel. The closer you find to 100% the more drying it will be. Great for getting rid of redness too.

There was another post about this to. Me and some other people all said about trying a "mattifying moisturizer" Basically its a moisturizer with added ingredients that help absorb excess oil and keep the shine down that you get throughout the day. Hope that helps. :)

Can you recommend any mattifying moisturizers? I'm always afraid to try new stuff on my face though for fear of it breaking me out