Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kailaruth

starting a GREEN CREAM regi

Hi I'm Kaila I lurk around on here alot but haven't really posted much so I thought I'd share my new regimen and keep a log. I'm 22 and about to graduate from college, I have moderate acne that I believe to be hormonally based. I am currently taking Yaz and have seen some improvements but I still have large underground zits popping up about once or twice a month and bumpy skin (blackheads and clogged pores) as well as uneven texture. I've tried Differin and it did work for me but I had constant redness, flaking and stinging that I couldn't keep it up (I used it for about 7 months). Upon joining this message board I learned about Green Cream and decided to give it a try. So here we go! :angel:

New Regimen started: October 25th 2007

AM:

wash: Purpose Gentle Cleanser

tone: Nivea moisterizing toner with chamomille and aloe

moisterize: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe followed with Cera Ve moisterizing lotion

protect: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Treatment (with SPF15, retinol and tinted moisterizer)

PM:

wash: Purpose Gentle Cleanser

tone: Nivea moisterizing toner with chamomille and aloe

moisterize: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe followed with Cera Ve moisterizing lotion

treat: Green Cream level 6

**in the shower I use the baby brush method**

Week one: I only used the green cream every other night. I had minimal dryness around my eyes and a little stinging when I washed my face but nothing serious. After one day my skin looked smoother but then as the days pased red marks on my cheeks looked more pronounced and my skin looked somewhat irratated.

Week two: I'm trying to use the green cream every night but I forgot it twice. My skin is now noticably red but not too flaky thanks to the baby brush. Some dryness on the bridge of my nose and my undereyes are red. I had burning when I towel off my face and when I put on my moisterizer. The red marks are somewhat faded. HOWEVER I have developed this gigantic very red raised bump on my lower right cheek. It doesn't look like a pimple or a cyst to me it actually kind of looks like a bee sting...my mom thought it might be a spider bite? I have no idea if its related to the GC or not but its freaking me out! It hurts to touch and has a red ring around it. :cry:

So thats about it for now. Thanks for reading and imput is appreciated!

<3

i know it's been a year so you might not even be using green cream anymore... but i would love to hear an update. i'm also 22, just graduated college, have hormonal acne, and used birth control pills for two years to control my acne. i stopped taking it however, and just ordered some green cream samples. it also sounds like we have the same skin problems.

edit- omg and i just saw underneath your name that you're from CT. me too! haha weird. for a second i wondered if i wrote this post myself :blink: