Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jenstar

Jojoba oil vs Aloe Vera gel

hmmm, aloe is good for redness but not so great of a moisturizer alone.

Jojoba oil should take care of the flakiness, but I don't know if it does anything for redness.

You could use both if you wanted to. Just add a few drops of jojoba oil to a bit of aloe vera and try it that way. Might get the best of both worlds. :)

I changed my mind about jojoba oil being the greatest thing ever that i've put on my face... haha.

It's... I don't know. I think it... I don't know. It doesn't clog pores per se, but it... makes me feel dirty? I only use it on my body now. It's great for non acne skin. My arms, thighs were silky smooth and really "young" looking.

I'm not going to put any oil on my face anymore (I have plenty).

jojoba oil is quite... "purifying", and helps deal with flakes. Use sparingly!!!

And for the aloe gel: try to find one that has aloe as the MAIN ingredient. Look at the other ingredients. They should not be too bizarre. Mine has a little vitamin C, E, and preservatives (which I wouldn't worry about). But I avoid things like menthol (I don't want the tingly sensation!), witch hazel (smells bad), etc... It's great as a lightweight moisturizer for oily skin types. Great stuff.

I'm slightly allergic to Jojoba and I have to say, Aloe Vera is my HG. It's entirely possible that I'm not going to need an AHA to fade redmarks. The Aloe is soooo soothing that you can almost feel your skin breathe a sigh of relief.

Note: The purer aloe you buy the more drying it is. There are plenty of aloe lotions, creams, ect but I personally use a 98% pure aloe gel. Call me nuts but I also add 5 drops of olive oil to it. I swear, my face is porcelain looking, aside from the recent acne but that's fading too!

Aloe is my HG

Jojoba is better for flakiness. 100% aloe is not effective as a moisturizer at all when you are using bp. But like was said, add a few drops of jojoba to the aloe so you will get the best of both worlds.