Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mandy Ann

Top 5 beauty items you CAN NOT live without

:D [i'm sure there are a bunch of these threads already.. I'm just too lazy to look :shifty:]

1] Dr. Pepper chapstick........ gives a gorgeous reddish tint to my lips while still keeping them soft.

2] Tweezers.... God forbid if my eyebrows ever went back to my "pre-waxing/tweezing" days O_O

3] Loreal's Hot Straight straightening cream/heat protectant. It's the only hair cream that makes my incredibly fried hair look shiny, soft, and healthy after straightening.

4] Curling Iron.. my hair looks so dull if its only flat ironed... when I add some curls, it looks fuller and prettier.

5] Maybelline Full & Soft Mascara... whenever I wear the stuff, I can't stop being vain and staring at my lashes in the mirror :shifty:

Of course I have loads of other beauty products that I can't live without.. but those are the things that I will probably use forever :P

That said top 5 products right? Ok damnit, redo!

#1-Baking Soda: I use this so much I should buy stock. I exfoliate 1-2 times a week depending on circumstances and I swear, I'm using less and less facial make up

#2-Anything by ABBA but mainly their Masque and Nourishing Leave-In. Commercial hair models don't got 'nutin on me.

#3- Helosan. You don't have it in the states but in Denmark this is a godsend. I use it on my feet, elbows, under eyes and any blemish spots that are extra "crispy". Especially under eyes in winter with BP!

#4- Angel and Ghost perfume. My two signature scents for years. I've lured and broken many hearts because of these little bottles.

#5-Tie: Lobello chapstick/lemon juice toner/Rimmel khol black eyeliner

MAC Concealer Adore it. Stops self loathing!

MAC Powder Foundation On "Good Skin Days", I can go out with just this yet feel confident that my face looks half-decent and that the powder won't disappear half way through the day.

Eyeliner Makes me feel more confident and as though I've made an effort.

Hair straightners Would probably die if I didn't have these.

1. Tweezers -- I'm OCD about having well groomed brows. I pluck stray hairs whenever I notice them.

2. EM Fair Neutral Intensive Foundation -- *cue angels singing* I love this foundation and will never venture away from it.

3. Chanel Chance perfume -- Smells really great on me. I wear just a touch on my pulse points and whenever I get hugged or a guy gets close to me I'm guaranteed a compliment. Never fails me.

4. nail polish -- My nails are (almost) always well manicured by moi and I just feel more pulled together if they look nice.

5. Maybelline Full N Soft -- I don't even need eyeliner when I use this because it is so dramatic (in a good way!).

It was tough condensing the list to only five things!

^I might have to get me some of that Chanel perfume =]

Fragrance counters usually give out free samples. :)

1. MAC Prep + Prime a must for my scarred skin.

2. MAC Studio Tech my fave foundation.

3. MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder LOVE it.

4. Lorac Publicity Stunt Mascara the most AMAZING mascara ever.

5. Foundation Brush 'nuff said.

Besides my DKR supplies....my fave beauty items:

1. Everyday Minerals foundation - I will not leave the house without foundation! I wear it in Olive Fair, intensive formula and it's a perfect match & my HQ foundation.

2. Blush - EM's cherry fizz is fast becoming a favorite. I also love my Milani glimmer strips in terra cotta. When I wear one of these with just lipgloss & mascara as my "natural look" I get compliments.

3. Mascara - Max Factor 2000 calorie for cheap, Diorshow for a splurge

4. Aquaphor - why did I wait so long to use this? Best lip balm/moisturizer ever & looks like a clear lip gloss. My persistently chapped lips have found their savior!

5. Mac Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petal Pink - Best lip gloss/balm ever. Feels creamy, doesn't look heavy & makes my lips look as plump as I could ever hope them to get.

I'll give an honorary mention to my Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Gel Spray when I wear my hair wavy. It can transform bedhead into something presentable, I've found.

Purity Made Simple by philosophy - by far the purest, most gentle cleanser i've ever used. it removes all traces of makeup, including eye make-up, without irritating my eyes. i have a 2 oz. bottle that i keep for when i go out of town.... definite HG product for me.

The Present Skin Perfector by philosophy - evens out skin tone and texture. reduces the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores. minimizes oil production. helps to create a smoothe canvas for makeup. another HG.

Everday Minerals Fairly Light Neutral Intensive Foundation - OMG i love this stuff.....

Carmex Lip Balm - the best lip balm EVER. moisturizes; heals dry chapped lips. never leave home without it!

Benefit Eye Bright - :wub:

honorable mention (they really belong on the top 5 but since i'm limited to 5....:dry:)

Flat-top foundation brush by philosophy

Maybelline Intense XXL mascara

nude lip liner

Everday Minerals Finishing Dust

tweezers - i too am OCD about mine

eyebrow brush and wax

I have a lot of red marks/scarring....does P+P help a lot with that?

this was hard!!!! i use sooo much crap on a day to day basis, it's difficult to dwindle it down, so i just picked the essentials:

tweezers - i wouldn't have thought of this until you guys mentioned it, but my eyebrows too tend to go psycho on me.

mac cleanse-off oil - i LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. it's the best at removing make-up at the end of the day.

mineral make-up - okay, so i use bm and i know people here hate it.... it works for me though. i was using em, but i wasn't really satisfied with the coverage, wasn't sure of the color or formulation to choose, and didn't want to waste my time ordering a ton of samples. i'd rather walk into a store, but that's just me.

cetaphil cream - i use this stuff 2-3 times a week and everyday as an eyecream. i couldn't go without it.

mac cremewash - this frothy hydrating cleanser is superb. i don't know what else to say.

Yayyyy I love this thread.

1. Bare Escentuals mineral foundation (I know people hate this but it works really well on me...)

2. Sephora brand lip balm....it's a godsend. It doesn't smell weird, and makes my lips perfect kissable. :wub: I don't know if they make it anymore though...so I'm using my last tub very slowly.

3. Black eyeliner to smudge a bit under my lower lashes and in my corners.

4. Bobbi Brown No Smudge mascara....I used to live by the beach, and I wore this once and despite going in the ocean, it didn't come off or smudge at ALL. It just sucks that you can only remove it with an oil-based remover.

5. Cover-up. Right now I use Covergirl but i need a new one...any suggestions people?!??

A close runner-up.....FERRAGAMO SHINE perfume. <333

I love reading these things! Here are mine:

1) Clinique all over face color in Posy. The BEST nude shimmery-but-not-too-shimery blush I've ever tried.

2) Clinique clear skin foundation. This gives me PERFECT skin. I love the porcelain look.

3) Maybelline unstoppable mascara

4) tweezerman slant-tip tweezers!!

5) My gym membership

Ooh, I like this thread:

:dance: HAIRDRYER - hate my hair dried naturally

:dance: MASCARA - I look half asleep with natural eyelashes (blonde)

:dance: LIP GLOSS - just for that added natural something

:dance: MOISTURISER - I ain't as young as I used to be, damn wrinkles!

:dance: CONCEALER OR TINTED MOISTURISER - gotta cover those red marks and blotchy skin tone

1. Jojoba Oil (It's so good for everything!! lip chap, antifrizz for the hair, moisturizer for the face, cuticle cream!!)

2. Tweezers

3. Concealer

4. Powder

5. Mascara

NARS Blush in Orgasm

Urban Decay Primer Potion

Dioshow Mascara

EM Foundation

T3 Blowdryer

I have a lot of red marks/scarring....does P+P help a lot with that?

Yeah.. it helps a decent amount, much better than without it.

- my neutrogena mosturizer (my face would probly peel off without it)

- the BP (for obvious reasons)

- tweezers !!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone who has seen my brows in their natural state will understand

- good foundation (havent found the perfect one yet, but a good one will do)

-mascara or perfume (it's a tie)

I will not live without:

1. Glycolic acid.

2. Infusium 23 leave in hair conditioner

3. Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Antibacterial bar.

And that is all. Everything else, including makeup, is voluntary or icing, or whatever. :D

Just for fun to make five:

4. Everyday Minerals Foundation

5. Physician Formula Shimmer Strips OR Everyday Minerals Apple or Best Friends Blush.

You know ladies, I will completely admit I have been a snot when it comes to drugstore makeup, but ya'll are really making me want to try maybelline full and soft mascara

im gonna crash this girly thread cos im a bit metro :P so there

1. nivea sensitive aftershave balm. its amazing, really light, really moisturising, really nice smelling, really perfect actually. i havent even looked at any other moisturiser since i discovered this all those years ago. i use it every day and love it to bits

2. blue chapstick. never gets soft even on the 40 degree summer days, never gets hard even on the mountain, nice neutral coconutty fragrance/flavour, feels good and does what its sposed to. really soaks in and 'conditions' the lips not like so many that kinda sit on the top

3. american crew 'fiber' and 'forming cream' pomade type hair styling products. they give a really good hold and stay pliable, also washes out real easy and smells great. bit pricey but they last me ages. best brand for mens haircare ever.

4. gillette sensor excel razor. old school one with only two blades (yes only two omgz etc etc) better than all the other 5, 6 or 7 (or whatever the hell its up to now) blade razors simply because it pivots in the middle instead of on the edge. a perfect shave every time, even down there lol. so long as they keep making it ill keep buying it.

5. trichovedic shampoo and conditioner. its sls free so its real nice to my hair. its soap based like all salon products, not detergent based like el cheapo supermarket ones but its sooo worth the extra cash. my hair is noticeably thicker stronger and healthier since i started using it. and it smells nice too <-- i just realised i put a lot of value on things smelling nice dont i? lol :lol: which leads me on to..

6. my fave fragrance in the world, 'acqua di gio' by armani. it smells soo freaken good and suits my natural scent so well that even tho its common as mud people compliment me all the time. been wearing it for years now and still havent found anything i like better. my friends girlfriend once told me that she wishes i didnt wear it because it makes her want to rip my clothes off and fuck the hell out of me.. awkward moment if ever there was one.. proves its nice tho.

and yes, i get six cos im a boy and if you dont like it you can **** my **** :boogie:

colorstay foundation

coty powder

tweezers :P

maybelline clear great lash for me brows

carmex

1. a compact mirror

2. tweezerman

3. prescriptives lip stick

4. the body shop concealer with a greenstick

5. fruit of the earth aloe vera gel

Edit: Im gonna change my last two