Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Jen's Holistic Log

Thanks for the update!

With your diet, there is absolutely zero reasons you should still be struggling with your skin. Have you completely removed chocolate? What about that bread?

Also, I know your skeptical, but I really think you should remove any products you are using on your face from your regimen. I'm positive that's the reason your skin is irritated, dry and blotchy.

I stopped updating because it was getting nasty. I usually like to vent about it, but I was feeling physically drained.

I am still on the diet. I have switched my moisturizer from cetaphil to complex 15 starting last night. I am continuing to apply the taz cream everywhere except my inner/upper cheeks.

I have been experiencing major anxiety due to this breakout. Good news is that I am learning to control it through positive thoughts and spiritual prayer.

Thanks for checking up, I will update in a couple of days. I realize that me being on this log every single day is adding to my obsession and is not healthy.

I stopped updating because it was getting nasty. I usually like to vent about it, but I was feeling physically drained.

I am still on the diet. I have switched my moisturizer from cetaphil to complex 15 starting last night. I am continuing to apply the taz cream everywhere except my inner/upper cheeks.

I have been experiencing major anxiety due to this breakout. Good news is that I am learning to control it through positive thoughts and spiritual prayer.

Thanks for checking up, I will update in a couple of days. I realize that me being on this log every single day is adding to my obsession and is not healthy.

True! Same here. I need to quit this site and focus on the more important things in my life. I've already waisted too much time :(

Jen,

When did you start the fish oil, have you been doing a long time or when Ndnromeo posted his regimen? Only asking because in browsing alot, I am seeing folks saying they started and stopped fish oil due to thinking it broke them out? I know it doesn't make sense, but I wonder.....

Jen,

When did you start the fish oil, have you been doing a long time or when Ndnromeo posted his regimen? Only asking because in browsing alot, I am seeing folks saying they started and stopped fish oil due to thinking it broke them out? I know it doesn't make sense, but I wonder.....

I was already breaking out when I started it. Thanks for looking out though.

I don't want to jump to conclusions yet, but I'm leaning towards the cetaphil lotion that is the culprit of my yucky skin....

It's too soon to tell but I will post again when I am sure.

Well, it certainly must have been the lotion. I switched from cetaphil to complex 15 last saturday and have been amazed at how nice my skin looks.

I have been eating a little on the wild side lately due to my discovery of the lotion mishap. Nothing HUGE by any means. I have been eating gluten free flax seed crackers which contains some tamari soy sauce but low on the ingredient list. Also yams have been in my diet lots. I feel so much better when I eat more carbs. The low carb thing is making me irritable, brain foggy, and just not on my toes.

I have also gained 2 pounds which I am pretty excited about. I just have to make sure it goes to the right places haha.

I am still eating eggs but switching from yolk to whites every other morning. I have been eating lots of salads, steamed veggies, 4 tbs of olive oil, fish oil, cod oil, zinc, chromium, and b-complex. I have been eating lots of fruits, almond butter, sunflower seeds, avocado, turkey, chicken, fish. I even had a piece of steak last week.

Overall, I have to keep in mind that even though diet does play a part in the quality of my skin, it's only a piece of the puzzle. I have been making it a HUGE piece but I think I can lighten up a little and focus on other things in life.

Wish me luck, I hope I don't jinnx myself and come back crying in a couple of days, haha... jussst kidding (knock on wood) ;)

Well, it certainly must have been the lotion. I switched from cetaphil to complex 15 last saturday and have been amazed at how nice my skin looks.

I have been eating a little on the wild side lately due to my discovery of the lotion mishap. Nothing HUGE by any means. I have been eating gluten free flax seed crackers which contains some tamari soy sauce but low on the ingredient list. Also yams have been in my diet lots. I feel so much better when I eat more carbs. The low carb thing is making me irritable, brain foggy, and just not on my toes.

I have also gained 2 pounds which I am pretty excited about. I just have to make sure it goes to the right places haha.

I am still eating eggs but switching from yolk to whites every other morning. I have been eating lots of salads, steamed veggies, 4 tbs of olive oil, fish oil, cod oil, zinc, chromium, and b-complex. I have been eating lots of fruits, almond butter, sunflower seeds, avocado, turkey, chicken, fish. I even had a piece of steak last week.

Overall, I have to keep in mind that even though diet does play a part in the quality of my skin, it's only a piece of the puzzle. I have been making it a HUGE piece but I think I can lighten up a little and focus on other things in life.

Wish me luck, I hope I don't jinnx myself and come back crying in a couple of days, haha... jussst kidding (knock on wood) ;)

Jen, If there was anyone on this org that has dedicated their life and made a huge commitment to eating and proper diet, it has been you. It is hard for diet to not overtake your life. You have been eating super healthy, but like you are noticing it is not healthy for you to make that your entire focus in life.

I am so glad your skin is doing better and hope it stays on that track.

Take care.

Thanks for checking up socold.

I am trying not to obsess over my skin anymore. Therefore I am not going to post as often. My diet is still fairly strict.

I've been eating eggs, chicken, turkey, salmon, fish, and even beef on occasion. I have kept my lunch as a big big salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I ususally put carrots, onions, avocado (I've reduced the amount), and cucumbers. I changed my breakfast to chopping the peppers/onions very small and cooking it with the eggs. I also changed the whole leaf spinach to frozen chopped spinach. I think that the cooking and smaller pieces help me to eat faster which in return reduces my anxiety.

My skin is looking good, I can't complain. I have gotten clogged pores around my chin area and outer cheeks, but I am happy with how it looks. I know I'm never going to be 100% clear and in order to enjoy life, I needed to accept that.

The thing that I have changed the most within the last couple weeks is my stress levels. I have not felt that rapid heart beat, nervousness, muscle twitching, etc. I used to stress out if I didn't get to bed by a certain time and now I just say oh well. I honestly don't even think my body needs the 8-9 hours of sleep I give it. Another thing is that I have been WAY more optimistic and happy. I truly believe that your mental condition can make a huge difference.

All in all, I've come to realize that diet is not everything. I am going to still eat ridiculously healthy (because I enjoy it), but I am not going to stress over it anymore. Life is too short :angel:

Everything is still going pretty good. I've had some pimples here and there but I am not stressing over them. I have changed my attitude to where I see a pimple forming and instead of getting that sick anxiety feeling, I just say yeah it will be gone by tomorrow.

I have not been under much stress since school is out and I have had a lot of free time. I am still eating my 1 egg, 1 egg white with chopped peppers, onions, and tomatoes in the mornings. I add sea salt and pepper and cook it with ghee butter.

For lunch I am still eating my large salad with turkey and dressing is now olive oil and balsamic vinegar only. I eat various fruits like peaches, apples, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. Sunflower seeds are ususally part of my everyday diet and for dinner I eat chicken, or fish, or sometimes steak always with a steamed veggie and maybe a sweet potato.

My skin is pretty dry from the taz. I have dry patches in various places on my cheeks and my chin peels everyday. I am still using the complex 15 and I love it.

I have noticed a big difference in my skin with taking the fish oil and cod liver oil. I think it has helped to keep the inflammation down. After thinking about it, I realized I was extremely deficient in vitamin D. I also just started taking primal defense probiotics. My first pill was today. I hope it helps my bowels move more.

Anyways, I hope that I can keep up this progress. Mostly with me overcoming my OCD with my skin. I feel like I am getting more and more comfortable everyday. The true test will be if I can change up my rigorous routine when needed and not freak out lol.

Thanks for keeping up on my log, hope you all are having good results!