Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Jen's Holistic Log

Today:

blueberries

egg/cooked pepper/tomatoes/carrots/ketchup and olive oil

turkey/salad (carrots,onions, olives,sunflower seeds, olive oil) with sweet potato (overcooked)

apple

chicken with broccoli and snap peas

Okay so today I feel like I ate 2 large portions instead I should have spread it into 3-4 little meals but whatever. I overcooked my sweet potato today actually I burned it but managed to save the inside a little, I don't know if that was bad or not.

I only applied a pea size of taz last night which only covered my forehead and chin, so my cheeks, nose, and upper lip did not get any. I will probably just every so often apply it there because of the redness of my cheeks. I also washed my face around 9 or so and did not wash again at noon, I plan to see if I can wash at night instead. I am trying the KISS approach once again. Other than that I have a couple small bumps on my upper forehead, chin, and temple. Nothing big or inflammed thank you lordie. So I'll keep updating with my progress... so far I have introduced sweet potatoes and rice bread... but in moderate amounts. ALL IN MODERATION RIGHT? I really think that is what makes or breaks me and my skin...

okay I'm off to tutoring, have a nice day!

Okay so it seriously never fails for me to get a huge red angry pus filled pimple everytime I return from a trip. It happened last summer when I went to New Jersey for 3 days and orlando for 2 days! Now sure enough I got one, it's in a good place though... right on my temple/hairline. It reared it's ugly head on monday and now it's forming a whitehead. It's also actually not too painful as the others were. Just REALLY red and angry looking. My face looks good other than that. Seriously I can't believe how sensitive my body is to food/sleeping/drinking/stress etc.

Ughhhhhh i'll report my antinflammatory foods later today...

Today:

1egg/peppers/tomatoes/onions/little ketchup

turkey/salad (carrots, sunflower seeds, olives, olive oil)

half piece of pecan raisin bread with almond butter and little red pepper

other half of bread and peppers

lettuce wrap with hummus, turkey, and olives (very small amount)

chicken with broccoli

Alright, now that I'm back home and everything is getting back to normal... I want to critique my diet a bit. I found out yesterday that my metabolic type is a fore sure protein type. Which means I'm suppose to eat protein with pretty much every meal and snack and never eat fruit or carbs alone. I've kinda already been doing this, only not with the snacks. I am however not going to follow that diet to the T.

I realize that the paleo diet is very similar to the protein type diet. It's also much more realistic! I am going to eat this way for the next 3 weeks and then start an elimination diet. I want to add sweet potatoes, brown rice, chocolate, sprouted breads, etc.

I think this will be awesome for my well being and moods and skin! I don't have much to loose, besides this huge mountain on my temple haha. I tried to pop it last night and got a little pus out but this morning it was just filled again so whatever... it's just going to stay there.

Alright, I'll record my food later

Today:

egg/tomatoes/onions/olive oil/little ketchup

honey mustard salmon/salad (olives, onions, sunflower seeds, avocado, carrots, cucumber, olive oil)

blueberries

rest of salad

fish with broccoli

Monster on the temple is drying and scabbing, bump on forehead is lightening... I had a cluster of tiny bumps on my upper lip and it's never ending I swear.

Today:

egg/tomatoes/peppers/tad bit of ketchup

blueberries

salmon with almonds, salad (avocado, carrots, onion, olive oil)

celery with almond butter

couple frozen cherries

sea bass with olive oil, garlic, red pepper seasoning and mix of steam veggies

Pimples are fading, but there is still a cluster of small skin colored bumps on my upper lip and right smile line/jawline. I was so tempted to get starbucks today but held strong. I've been getting lots of sleep lately and doing things exactly by the book. I was reading my log yesterday and noticed that I had the same exact cluster breakout this exact time last month. But last month it was way worse because it spread to my entire face (touch wood). Anyways it seems like my body is MUCH more sensitive to foods now that I've gotten it used to this. In other words, the consequences are much greater.

Today I ate:

egg/tomatoes/peppers/onions/no ketchup

apple

turkey/salad(onions,carrots,sunflower seeds,cucumbers,olives,avocado,olive oil)

finshed salad 2 hours later

2 squares of dark chocolate (wow that's a first)

mahi mahi grilled with tabooli (spelled wrong) I think it was a grain mixed with veggies

1/2 an apple

Last night I went over to see my boyfriend and put on some powder coverup... my skin aborbed it as usual and when I took a shower all the dead skin came off with the makeup. My skin actually looks better than it did for the past week... I had some white wine last night and ate out, but had mahi mahi cooked grilled with only salt and pepper and a veggie side dish. What I have decided to give up for lent is obsessing over my skin!

Today:

egg/lots of onions, tomatoes, and peppers/no ketchup

turkey, salad (sunflower seeds, carrots, cucumbers, avocados, olives, olive oil)

2 squares of dark chocolate

apple with little almond butter

leftover salad with fish and broccoli

1 square of dark chocolate

Ohhh I'm getting daring with this dark chocolate stuff!

Last night I went over to see my boyfriend and put on some powder coverup... my skin aborbed it as usual and when I took a shower all the dead skin came off with the makeup. My skin actually looks better than it did for the past week... I had some white wine last night and ate out, but had mahi mahi cooked grilled with only salt and pepper and a veggie side dish. What I have decided to give up for lent is obsessing over my skin!

Today:

turkey, salad (sunflower seeds, carrots, cucumbers, avocados, olives, olive oil)

good for you! I think that acne is usually caused by an underlying imbalance, once the imbalance is corrected with diet and supplements, we should just eat healthy to keep the balance but it shouldn't be necessary to obsess over every single thing we eat!

Today:

good for you! I think that acne is usually caused by an underlying imbalance, once the imbalance is corrected with diet and supplements, we should just eat healthy to keep the balance but it shouldn't be necessary to obsess over every single thing we eat!

Thanks! I am so tired of it... all I do is think, sleep, eat, and drink according to my skin. Time to live a little right! :clap:

Today my skin looks pretty good. Some teeny bumps here and there but nothing big. The monster on my temple is healing and fading away. My face is still on the red blushing side... I haven't used the topical on my inner cheeks in a couple of days and don't plan to unless I start to break out there. I never had a problem with breakouts in that area so I don't see it becoming an issue and should have never started applying it there.

Today:

egg/tomatoes/peppers/no ketchup

more orange pepper sliced

salmon with salad (artichokes, onions, olives, sunflower seeds, carrots, avocados, olive oil) and I threw in a couple of raisins to try out.

piece of dark chocolate

1/2 apple

rest of salad

chicken/broccoli/ketchup

So from not putting the topical on my inner cheeks.. I have 2 red bumps. I PRAY they are only on the surface and do not become inflammed (please god). Everything else looks good. But it's so frustrating to battle with this every single day! My sisters have a poor diet and we get the same amount of acne... except I'm over here obsessing over my food and spending a $100 a week at wholefoods. I guess the health benefits will be seen in the furture right?

Anyways that made me realize I cannot go completely without applying the topical on my inner cheeks. I will do it every 3 days.

I also need to work on not eating huge meals, sometimes I feel that I eat more when I'm really full.

Today:

1 egg/tomatoes/onions/orange pepper (smaller version than normal)

apple with almond butter

turkey with salad (the same as yesterdays)

orange pepper

little salad

finished salad

chicken and broccoli

Today things look like they are healing. My left cheek has been breaking out due to not using the tazorac in that area. I was getting red bumps that looked angry but thank the good lord, did not turn into anything serious. I guess the topical really does work/make a difference.

Today:

1 egg/tomatoes/onions/orange pepper (slighty cooked)

apple with almond butter

square of dark chocolate

turkey salad (carrots, cucumbers, olives, sunflower seeds, avocado, olive oil)

red pepper strips

finished salad

turkey and broccoli

Houston we have a problem. Since not using the tazorac on my inner cheeks, I am breaking out there. WOW I never break out there, so that's odd. And since I used it for the past 2 days I am getting a minor intial breakout with the clogged pores coming to a head. This sucks and means I either have clear skin but red flushing cheeks or I have red pimples on them. I choose clear and slightly red. I guess I will wait for it to clear up and then start using it every other day and a small amount and see how that goes. At least they are not inflammed even though they are bright red. Ahhhh I'm real close to throwing in the towel here with this diet. Obviously I need the topical to stay clear, the only thing I think the diet is doing is keeping the bumps from being inflammed and helping heal a lot quicker not to mention keeping me body healthy and in shape.. i guess it's a good thing but I need to be able to cheat a little here and there and tazorac will allow for that of course. Alright hopefully I will someday figure it all out. Or maybe I'll just resort to accutane again :doh:

No comment on today's skin

Today I ate:

egg/chopped up red pepper, onion, and tomatoes

sunflower seeds

1/2 apple with square of dark chocolate

salmon with salad (olives, carrots, avocado, cucumber, olive oil)

more salmon and salad

square of dark chocolate

snapper with tomatoes, spinach, and olives

like 5 squares of dark chocolate

I felt spacey shortly after breakfast which means I should probably add some sort of carb more than the veggies.

Side note: I had a lot of chocolate today and I irritated my skin in the shower by rubbing it too hard to get the makeup off I put on for my dinner date :redface: Now I have 2 bright red cheeks and a bright red nose :mad: I am going to apply the topical lightly and go to sleep!

I had the worst night of sleep in years!!!!!!! I went to bed around 11:30 and woke up at 2:00 and did not go back to sleep. I could not for the life of me fall back asleep! I'm never eating chocolate within 5 hours of sleeping again!

Today:

egg/pepper/onion/tomatoes

1/2 apple with walnuts

turkey with salad (onions, carrots, olives, olive oil, avocado)

salmon with salad (onions, carrots, olives)

1/2 apple

salmon/spinach/asparagus/sweet potato

I had the worst night of sleep in years!!!!!!! I went to bed around 11:30 and woke up at 2:00 and did not go back to sleep. I could not for the life of me fall back asleep! I'm never eating chocolate within 5 hours of sleeping again!

Today:

1/2 apple with walnuts

turkey with salad (onions, carrots, olives, olive oil, avocado)

salmon with salad (onions, carrots, olives)

Hey Jen,

sorry you're feeling frustrated, I know how you feel :( I think that changing anything significant in your routine can impact your skin...so even if you don't truly need tazorac to stop breakouts, I would expect that you would break out after stopping abruptly...maybe you can try to stop very gradually as you suggested...it might take patience though :( Also I don't know if it's as effective as people say, but I think I'm going to jump on the DIM bandwagon to see if it helps my hormonal acne...do you think your acne might be hormonal? Also I read somewhere that DIM can help with discoloration (which I have)...anyway i'll let you know how it goes for me, I just ordered Nature's way a couple of days ago.

Today:

egg/tomatoes/onion/pepper/piece pecan bread with almond butter

other half of pecan bread

1/2 apple with walnuts

blueberries

chicken, salad (avocado, carrots, peppers, olives, baby greens)

rest of salad and sweet potato

cod fish, brown rice, broccoli, swiss chard

glass of wine

finished the dinner

Today:

egg/pepper/tomato/onion

chicken with a little broccoli/rice/red pepper

1/2 apple

more chicken with cherry tomatoes

small salad with olives, raisins, and avocado

1/2 apple

fish with broccoli and carrots with olive oil

My skin is looking very nice. I think it could be due to the sun/fresh air I got at the beach 2 days ago. It has a nice rosy glow and only a couple of bumps on the sides of my mouth.

Today:

egg/pepper/onion/tomatoes/slice of pecan bread with almond butter

chicken with salad (mixed greens, carrot, onions, olives, avocado, cucumber, sunflower seeds)

1/2 apple with walnuts

other 1/2 of apple with very little almond butter

chicken with broccoli, little sweet potato and olive oil

I have been feeling very heavy and full the past couple of days. I'm not used to eating this much! I don't like the feeling but I also don't like loosing weight. Well see what comes of it!

My bowel movements for the last couple of days have been very strong. Meaning I wake up and get the urge before having to drink hot water. They have also been a good size. I think it may have to do with the various foods I am eating (bread, potato, apple).

My skin looks amazing today. I usually don't like to say that because I know I will jinx myself. But actually I know I will get another breakout soon because I am acne prone and just get pimples, that is that. Being and eating healthy helps with inflammation, bloating, digestion, being in shape, etc. But I have to also acknowledge that my sleeping patterns, stress, and outlook on life play a major role as well.

Ohhh I almost forgot, I got a nasty pimple on my lower back in the center. Kinda mad about that but it's better than my face.

Oh and I have stopped washing my face 3 times a day. I only wash once at noon and in the shower. I make sure in the shower that the temperature is not too hot and I lightly remove any loose skin. I DO NOT rub it till it's smooth. I am also using the apppropriate amount of tazorac now. Just thought I'd say that my skin is alot happier like this.

Today:

egg/pepper/tomatoes/onion/pecan raisin rice bread with almond butter

1/2 apple with walnuts

turkey and salad (onion, olives, avocado, raisins, olive oil, cucumber)

1 square dark chocolate

1/2 apple with walnuts

red pepper strips

chicken with broccoli, spinach and garlic, and piece of sweet potato

Today my skin looks good as well. It always looks good in the morning though. I had a rough night of night due to my boyfriend acting weird on the phone last night. I kept tossing and turning. I do have a problem with letting relationships either with family, friends, clients, or guys affect my feelings. I need to get a grip on myself sometimes because not everyone is always going to be happy with me. And relationships are never perfect. But I do have a small cluster of pimples below my right bottom lip that has turned to a teeny white tip, no threat.

And my bowels have been doing very good lately. I am also feeling the urge to go in the afternoons but can't quite get it out. Last night I definitley felt the urge in the middle of the night. So I'm guessing the added carbs, exercise, and maybe sun is all helping.

Today:

egg/pepper/tomatoes/onion/slice of pecan raisin bread

like 1 apple slice

turkey, salad (cucumbers, onions, olives, avocados, sunflower seeds, olive oil)

apple slices with walnuts

chicken with spinach and garlic and little sweet potato

couple slices of apple with bit of almond butter

Today my skin looks good as well. It always looks good in the morning though. I had a rough night of night due to my boyfriend acting weird on the phone last night. I kept tossing and turning. I do have a problem with letting relationships either with family, friends, clients, or guys affect my feelings. I need to get a grip on myself sometimes because not everyone is always going to be happy with me. And relationships are never perfect. But I do have a small cluster of pimples below my right bottom lip that has turned to a teeny white tip, no threat.

And my bowels have been doing very good lately. I am also feeling the urge to go in the afternoons but can't quite get it out. Last night I definitley felt the urge in the middle of the night. So I'm guessing the added carbs, exercise, and maybe sun is all helping.

Today:

egg/pepper/tomatoes/onion

Do you take anything (or eat anything) to improve regularity? I am beginning a course of colon cleanser (it has probiotics, psyllium, and some other stuff) and wonder if you've tried anything like that. I also eat fiber and drink Metamucil once daily.

Today:

egg/peppers/onions/tomatoes

slice of pecan rice bread with almond butter

handful of cherry tomatoes/carrots

little chicken, lettuce with olive oil, and small piece of sweet potato

1/2 apple with walnuts

turkey, salad (olives, carrots, avocado, raisins, cucumber, olive oil)

salmon with olive oil, broccoli and peppers with zucchini

glass of white wine

piece of sweet potato

WOW I'm a friken pig lol. It's only 4 PM and I've eaten so much I feel like. I guess its all healthy and in small amounts though, because I can't gain a pound!

My skin is starting to get rather bumpy looking....

Today:

egg/pepper/tomatoes/onions

slice of pecan bread with almond butter

1/2 apple with walnuts

leftover salmon, broccoli, avocado, cherry tomatoes, sweet potato

other 1/2 of apple and almond butter

salmon with a small salad (carrots, onions, olives, cucumbers, olive oil) and sweet potato

handful of blueberries

I had an odd lunch because I had nothing left to eat in my house. I didn't eat much of the salmon/broccoli since it tasted extremely salty.

But the salmon that I made for dinner was awesome. So pink in color and wild and fresh. And wayyy cheaper than buying it at a restaurant and it being farm raised and full of salt!

Today:

pecan bread with almond butter

turkey, salad (carrots, onions, raisins, avocado, olives, olive oil)

tomatoes with dark chocolate

plain non fat yogurt with cinnamon and blueberries (1/2)

chicken with broccoli, olive oil, and sweet potato

other 1/2 of yogurt with blueberries

I don't want to jinx myself, but for the past week, I have not been flushing or turning red. I wonder if it has something to do with the carbs or sun i've been getting more of. I know Danny said that hypoglycemia can cause roseca because the skin shuts down in order to gain glucose back. Just a thought....

But overall, I am really happy with my skin lately. I am still getting teeny bumps here and there that have a small white tip, but it seems that as long as I don't irritate it by rubbing or washing too much, it stays small and goes away quickly. I have also been not paying much attention to it, so that could be helping me have less stress too.

Today:

egg/tomatoes/pepper/onion

turkey, salad (carrots, onions, olives, avocado, sunflower seeds, raisins)

1 square dark chocolate

1/2 apple with walnuts

chicken, spinach with garlic, and sweet potato