Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28575

Who needs false lashes when you can grow them?

I remember a few years back I was doing research for optometry and I read about an eye drop for glaucoma patients that darkened patient's eyes (changing blue eyes to brown) and also turning their lashes considerably darker, thicker, and longer. At the time the doctors were looking to see what was causing the increase in melanin in the iris (darkening eye color) as well as what was causing the eyelashes to darken and grow. It was noted that several of the patients were unhappy with the change in their eye color but appreciated the darker longer lashes; the article was of an ongoing study at the time.

Today I stumbled upon a youtube video about a product that oddly enough took "active ingredients from a glaucoma eye drop" and turned it into a beauty product. Now I wouldn't have believed this video if it wasn't for the research I had been doing three years ago but here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oPZ3ZTUcx7A

I did some fact check and found the eye drop: http://www.xalatan.com/consumer/isi.asp

It says: "Like all medicines, XALATAN can have side effects. These side effects are usually mild and tolerable and may include blurred vision, burning and stinging, eye redness, the feeling of something in the eye, eye itching, increased pigmentation (darkening) of eye color, or irritation of the clear front surface of the eye. XALATAN may slowly cause darkening of the eye color due to increased brown color, darkening of the eyelid and eyelashes, and increased growth and thickness of eyelashes. Color changes can increase as long as XALATAN is administered and eye color changes are likely to be permanent."

The product is here:

http://www.intuitbeauty.com/beforeandafter.html

I'm DIEING to know if this stuff really works, it has a money back guarantee: "Enormous Lash comes with a 100% 12 month money back guarantee". I was hoping somebody who had the cash to spend could take this product for a test drive and give us a an honest review with before and after photos (it says only 21 days for results) and I can wait 21 days for an honest review by my fellow acne.org'ers. I'm unable to find any real reviews online. The product was initially called "massive lash" but now has been renamed to "enormous lash" because of the results. What do you guys think?

It says: "Like all medicines, XALATAN can have side effects. These side effects are usually mild and tolerable and may include blurred vision, burning and stinging, eye redness, the feeling of something in the eye, eye itching, increased pigmentation (darkening) of eye color, or irritation of the clear front surface of the eye. XALATAN may slowly cause darkening of the eye color due to increased brown color, darkening of the eyelid and eyelashes, and increased growth and thickness of eyelashes. Color changes can increase as long as XALATAN is administered and eye color changes are likely to be permanent."

NOT worth it!