Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ppx11

Raised scars all over..

I have mild bacne (back arms chest) but I always get those big fat pimples that love to leave scars and 90% of the time it's a nice raised hypertrophic brownish scar. My bacne isn't TOO bad but these scars make it worse. I have one on the back of my shoulder that's so big and raised that it's very visible through my shirts. They've been there forever and no matter what I do to treat them while they're active, they always scar. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I'll try to post pics if they'll help.

A doctor can inject the keloids with steroid; that sometimes helps shrink a keloid scar. I'd have a derm look at the scarring.

I have mild bacne (back arms chest) but I always get those big fat pimples that love to leave scars and 90% of the time it's a nice raised hypertrophic brownish scar. My bacne isn't TOO bad but these scars make it worse. I have one on the back of my shoulder that's so big and raised that it's very visible through my shirts. They've been there forever and no matter what I do to treat them while they're active, they always scar. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I'll try to post pics if they'll help.

I've been posting about this on this board for two weeks, but I don't know where my posts are. I have a lot of experience with hypertrophic scarring, more than most people, and I've tried everything so I can give you my advice and it's worth something.

VERY LITTLE WILL WORK.

Mostly, for me, nothing worked for a long time. Topicals and silicone sheets barely helped. Any kind of invasive procedure and the scar would come back.

This is what has worked for me, finally, after SIX YEARS with facial scars.

Cortisone shots combined with cryotherapy -- NOT one or the other.

Then, the only thing that keeps the scars from returning (I must've had ten sessions of this and they came back every time) is using a cream called Lisset.

You can get Lisset here: www.taosherb.com

There is an isolated natural chemical in the cream that tells the skin not to scar. That's all I know about it but IT IS AMAZING.

The cortisone will soften and flatten the scar and should NOT cause any atrophic depression like it can do with cystic acne because it's working on this raised scar tissue.

The cryo will freeze the skin, it will blister and peel for weeks.

Within a month the scar will be flatter, softer, and the Lisset cream will keep it from coming back, but you will need multiple treatments to flatten them completely. You might need to space them out because you don't want too much cortisone in your system, it is a steroid.

That's all I can tell you. Also the Pulse Dye Laser can remove the redness in the scars, but it doesn't seem to do much else.

Good luck!