Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noremac

hmm. how much does it cost to get your hair chemically straightened?

...cause most of my scars are on my forehead, and if they won't go ahead, then i wouldn't mind just covering them :)

Depends on the salon. The prices vary so widely! I'm sure you could get an estimate of pricing in your area by looking for salon websites in your area; they sometimes have price lists on their websites.

Wynne responded in a nice way to an unbelievably freakin ambiguous question.

Had to look at your profile to see if it gives indications as to where the heck you live.

Dunno how people are supposed to know how much hair straightening costs in your area, especially seeing as you didnt indicate where you are based, and seeing as this is an international forum.

For the record, I have no idea how much it cost to have your hair straightened in San Diego.

Apologies for the rant, but hard not to, and best of luck.

Wynne responded in a nice way to an unbelievably freakin ambiguous question.

Had to look at your profile to see if it gives indications as to where the heck you live.

Dunno how people are supposed to know how much hair straightening costs in your area, especially seeing as you didnt indicate where you are based, and seeing as this is an international forum.

For the record, I have no idea how much it cost to have your hair straightened in San Diego.

Apologies for the rant, but hard not to, and best of luck.

Good idea!! i have scars on my forehead ( not badly but can see it near me )

lol we're gonna be emo!!!

I think i am going to be emo just to cover scars ^^

gonna let my hair grow lol

well i got my hair chemically relaxed almost a year ago...i think it cost around $220. It was annoying, though, what they basically did was put perm solution in my hair and then combed it out with a tail comb for TWO HOURS (the stylists kept switching because their hands were getting tired)! The chemicals smelled like my dog's barf and my hair smelled like that for weeks after the procedure. and, oh yeah, i couldn't get my hair wet (meaning NO washing!) for three days and i felt completely DISGUSTING and dirty.

try looking into japanese straightening, that can cost around $800. that's what i wanted to do, but my hair is very thin and the consultant i went to told me that it would make my hair fall out. japanese straightening makes your hair PIN STRAIGHT, nothing can ruin it, you can just let it air-dry and your hair will look perfect. only problem with this is that it's so good that you can't even heat-style (i.e. curl, etc.) your hair into another style. i wish i could have gotten the japanese straightening. the relaxer helped make my hair more manageable, but i still have to iron it every morning and it starts to look bad again when it's hot or humid out.

Wynne responded in a nice way to an unbelievably freakin ambiguous question...Dunno how people are supposed to know how much hair straightening costs in your area, especially seeing as you didnt indicate where you are based

Buahaha I missed out on being flamed? Didnt even get to see what it said. Ah well, nvm. Feel free to pm me the insult if you find it necessary.

I think you will find dear shipinabottle, that I am curtious and helpful to people, but yes i speak my mind on occasion. At least i have the decency to do so without resorting to school kid name calling.

Anyway, regarding hair-straightening: Had my very long (near waist length) curly hair straightened a couple of year ago. Personally I found it a bad decision. I am not sure what method she used, but i think similar to shipinabottle's and not the YUKI (Japanese) method. I felt it made my hair lacklustre and still have to use straighteners to get a good finish in any case. If you are male and dont intend to have VERY long hair, then either method should be fine. But if you have long long hair then its a lot of time to wait for your hair to grow out if you dont like it, so think hard before about making the decision. I now want my natural curls back..hah..sods law eh :D ANyway..remember too that you will most likely still need to use straighteners to style it/finish (unless going for YUKI). gl.