Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASUfan17

Clindagel??

My roommate (he was on accutane a coule years ago, has really nice skin now, just about a 2 inch area that gets some small whiteheads from time to time) gave me this product that was prescribed to him a while back and asked what it was.

The product is called Clindagel, and I had never heard about it. I did a little research and people say its good in conjunction with BP. Anyone have any information about it? Is it useful, helpful, detrimental?

Just looking for some general answers.

The bottle reads:

Clindagel: clindamycin phosphate topical gel equivalent to 1% clindamycin

It works nicely for many people. But you should not use a medication that's prescribed to someone else. I'd suggest going to a dermatologist yourself and the derm will help you determine a best course of action.

Clindamycin is a topical antibiotic. it's one of the antibiotics (along with Keflex) most often associated with clostridium difficile colitis; that's an infection in the intestines that can be fatal due to perforation. Better be safe and get your own prescription for something. Who knows, you might get Clindagel and then you could use your roommate's to save money. But it's far safer and better to get the prescription for your own piece of mind. If you're in school, most colleges and universities have health clinics. You could go there and see what they can do for you.

But what effect would getting your own prescription have on the chances of getting clostridium difficile colitis? None.

I wasn't really interested in using it, he was sort of curious if he could use it now to help with his current acne/how he would use it.