Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NotSoScarredforever

Come on People!

Im fed up with logging onto this site and hearing the constant whinging regarding Acne Scars, its very negative, All i seem to be reading is Nothing Works! This is simply not true, Look i realise everyone is different, but i have had success with saline and tca cross, and im thankfull to this forum for allowing me to find out about these treatments, but frankly at least try something before saying it doesnt work! Acne Scars are very hard to get rid of, No treatment will irradicate them 100%, but at least any improvement is better than nothing, Ive had around 50% so far and im looking to go further. Best of luck to all who are willing to try.

Yes, I've had very pleasant and surprisingly good results with TCA CROSS. I just noticed one spot (7 months after the CROSS) has changed even more recently. I attribute that to adding in a stronger retinoid on top of the CROSS from 7 months ago. I'm older so my collagen reformation isn't as good as you youngsters will experience.

Im fed up with logging onto this site and hearing the constant whinging regarding Acne Scars, its very negative, All i seem to be reading is Nothing Works! This is simply not true, Look i realise everyone is different, but i have had success with saline and tca cross, and im thankfull to this forum for allowing me to find out about these treatments, but frankly at least try something before saying it doesnt work! Acne Scars are very hard to get rid of, No treatment will irradicate them 100%, but at least any improvement is better than nothing, Ive had around 50% so far and im looking to go further. Best of luck to all who are willing to try.

I think poster like ylem are great, they try it they critique it, others who don't try things but just add negative comments, they are annoying.

Scars are hard to deal with and people do need to realize this. I don't think it's actually healthy to spend money on every single procedure out there if, number one--you don't have the money and are putting it all on credit--and number two--you are so desperate you are contemplating suicide over your scars. These two things are not a good mix because you will lose money that you don't have and be even more negative and suicidal. It's all gambling, and someone desperate for a big pay off who really doesn't have a dime to be gambling with really shouldn't gamble.

I wish I hadn't spent the money I did on all my treatments, even though some of my scars have improved, I'm not sure they wouldn't have improved on their own. My skin is pretty sensitive to treatments, even retinoids I have to be very careful with because it gets so red. If your skin is like mine anything but fillers has big risks. That's my opinion tonight :boohoo:

While I understand your frustration over the negativitiy, I have to say it is important to see the good, the bad, and the ugly of things. We don't go on this board to read false advertisement about scar treatments. That's what we can get from any unscrupulous plastic surgeon or dermatologist who intends to mark up his/her procedures to pay off that $300,000 in accrued debt through student loans. Kinda like those thousands of shyster attorneys out there, ya know!!

Whether a post has a negative tone or not, there is still something valuable to gain from it. Everyone deserves to know what treatments work better 'on the average' than others. Of course, taking into account that everyone responds differently, the more people who post negative experiences about a treatment, the less likely that treatment will work for you! Of course, this goes hand-in-hand with the laws of probability. Everything in life works that way.

We are also not here to keep our feelings bottled up. That's what we do in everyday life, at work, at parties, or any other typical functions. I firmly believe people should be more than welcome to use this board as an outlet, whether it be about a postive or negative experience, and how one cares to describe that experience. And yes, opinions do count!

Of course, condemnation is in order for something that has been patiently tried and failed, especially when a lot of money is involved. I have posted negative expereinces about my treatments and my blunt opinions about them only to be attacked.

I have a lot of good friends, some of them practicing psychologists, who have dealt with people in similar circumstances. I can assure you they approach these issues in much the same way.

Now, I can see rotten tomatoes and eggs being thrown at me by some of you out there for posting this, but I frankly do not care. I don't intend to justify my position about this any further by responding to any negative posts about my feelings on this issue.

I have to agree that most treatments work - to some extent - but for most of us with moderate to severe scarring, it will take many steps and treatments to arrive at a possible total 90% improvement, realizing that we will always have reminders of our scars. Sometimes doctors will sell technology that doesn't work well or does not give the improvement that they state it will. If you are expecting one or several treatments to "cure" your scars, you will always be disappointed.

I myself would rather press on toward the 90% with the gradual improvement over the course of years. This forum is essential because we can exchange experience on side effects (all treatments have them), costs and effectiveness. I guess I am a vertran because I have had 15 procedures, everything from excisions, subscisions, dermabrasion, spot laser, IPL and silicone micro-injections. I will continue until I am completely satisfied, realizing that I will never be perfect.

yeah i agree. People are often very negative. But i guess most of the time its just frustration that others are getting better results than they are.

I sometimes feel bad about my scars but I know someday I will find something to make them better. I guess I have faith. Some people can become quite negative because they loose this faith in finding a treatment that works for them. Thats why we need people whos treatments were successful to spread the good news. That gives negative people faith :boohoo:

I'm currently trying TCA cross and so far so good about 10 percent improvement. The way i see it 10 percent is better than nothing :rolleyes:

Because the first post was in november and the last one was in february, in the first post i stated i had had a 50%improvement and was going to go further which i did and is well documented in the acv thread. There is nothing to be confused about mate.

Sometimes doctors will sell technology that doesn't work well or does not give the improvement that they state it will.