Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GorilaSnot

BLEACHED SKIN

So what's up with BP bleaching skin? I know Dan and most other peopel swear it doesn't but c'mon....we all know it really does, or at least keeps it light as hell. I used to be pretty tan and im white as whitey now.

My skin color has not changed & I've used BP regularly for years, even before DKR. If you wear a sunscreen as you should when using BP, then that is why your face would not tan.

Any reliable source will tell you that BP does not bleach skin & is safe for all ethnicities. The only other possible explanation is that you are using a white creme or lotion BP (?), which can leave a white residue & make you seem more pale.

It doesn't bleach my skin. It would be easy for me to tell if it does because i only use it on my forehead.

No bleaching here. Not my skin, not my hair. A few collars, though, before I started wearing white undershirts. ;)

Cam >B)

So what's up with BP bleaching skin? I know Dan and most other peopel swear it doesn't but c'mon....we all know it really does, or at least keeps it light as hell. I used to be pretty tan and im white as whitey now.

Keep in mind that you're exfoliating more, too, most likely. The BP is gonna go through layers of your skin faster. Plus add on AHA or baby brush (or however else you exfoliate) and it'll be pretty difficult to keep a tan. This is why people usually find tanning (real or spray-on) during the Regimen useless. But no, it doesn't bleach your skin the same way it bleaches your clothes.

Cool, maybe i'm just avoiding the sun more, who knows.

"Q: Does benzoyl peroxide bleach the skin?

A: No.

return to top " -F.a.q. section.

hahahahahahaha