Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~Aubrey~

Can anyone relate to me?

It is so hard to have acne and have to find makeup to wear to cover the scars and red marks. There's makeup that covers but contributes to more acne, and there's good makeup (like minerals) but it never covers anything, at least for me. I have tried so many mineral makeups and they seem to settle into my small scars and don't cover my red marks. My face always looks tight and dry. Considering I use acne products on my face. I think since it is kinda like a powder or powdery. I guess with any makeup people will always be able to tell that you have acne or you had acne. I wear right now Mary Kay Medium-Coverage Foundation. It seems like the only makeup that gives me decent coverage for my red marks and doesn't settle into my scars. It kinda smoothes over them since it's creamy and liquidy, but i think maybe it is contributing to some of my acne. Don't you hate when you can't tell were your acne is coming from. Like either from your makeup, or some food you ate or you didn't sleep well or you didn't exercise. I can never tell were my acne is coming from. I use my acne products twice a day and I'm still getting acne.

What kind of mineral make up did you try? I wear mineral makeup, Everyday Minerals specifically, and it covers my acne scars. I use concealer and powder.

You mentioned that your face it tight and dry, do you moisturize?

i hear you!! i am forever trying to find the ideal foundation...right now i just use clinique stay matte pressed powder which actually has great coverage for a pressed powder...and it lasts all day...and im certain it doesnt break me out..however i feel there can be something out there that doesnt oxidize soooo much!! but im scared to stray cuz whenever i do.i never seem to make the right choice and end up paying for it in a week or two!! its hard finding the right kind of coverage that is gentle to your skin... :(

What kind of mineral make up did you try? I wear mineral makeup, Everyday Minerals specifically, and it covers my acne scars. I use concealer and powder.

You mentioned that your face it tight and dry, do you moisturize?

Well, I am always looking for a mineral makeup that doesn't have mica because I have googled (mica and acne) and they say so many bad things about how if you have acne you should not use mica. It says quote "it's jagged edges can irritate and clog pores leading to acne." So I have found only two mineral makeups that don't have mica or talc and used those. They are Raesin Images Cosmetics and Barfaced Mineral Cosmetics in Beyond Neutral (Only the foundation colors that say "Beyond" are mica-free). I also bought the concealer from Raesin Images. Anyways, I always moisturize before with a little bit of Jojoba Oil and my face is nice and smooth, and then I apply the minerals and my face gets powdery looking and dry looking. It settles into my small dents (scars) and never covers the all over acne red marks that I have not even the concealer can cover them. I guess I'll just have to wait until my red marks lighten down so I can try mineral makeup again.

i hear you!! i am forever trying to find the ideal foundation...right now i just use clinique stay matte pressed powder which actually has great coverage for a pressed powder...and it lasts all day...and im certain it doesnt break me out..however i feel there can be something out there that doesnt oxidize soooo much!! but im scared to stray cuz whenever i do.i never seem to make the right choice and end up paying for it in a week or two!! its hard finding the right kind of coverage that is gentle to your skin... :(

I'm starting to think that I should just stop looking for that perfect cover up for my acne. I have been searching for two years, and no makeup can make me look like I want to. I think I should just concentrate more on fixing my acne problem for good, and then it will be easier for me to find makeup because it won't be so hard to cover the damage that has been done by my acne.

Is your face oily?

I know this isnt too much help on the whole covering scars thing, but have you seen a derm? I had pretty much the same problem you are having, and I spent the last four months on accutane and it completely changed my skin, basically stopped my oil production. Which in turn I can COMPLETELY cover red marks/etc with makeup....

I'm starting to think that I should just stop looking for that perfect cover up for my acne. I have been searching for two years, and no makeup can make me look like I want to. I think I should just concentrate more on fixing my acne problem for good, and then it will be easier for me to find makeup because it won't be so hard to cover the damage that has been done by my acne.

well my acne is finally 95% gone!! hallelujah! but it was a long and suffering road...really bad and painful..more emotionally than anything...but im still suuuper cautious about wat i put on my face...but yup ur on point with taking care of the acne first!