Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Im so depressed about being overweight :(

Im really getting concerned about my weight. Im 5'5, 23 years old, and I weigh 157 pounds. That is waaay too much for my age. I can just imagine when Im in my 50s and Im 200 pounds and wearing a size F bra :( Do you think age and metabolism have to do with each other? Should I really be worried about this?

Whether you decide to do anything about your weight is of course your own business, but to answer your question, age and metabolism are most certainly linked together. The more you age, the slower your metabolism becomes.

Take some steps to lose some weight. The younger you are, the easier it is supposed to be to lose weight. Plus right now you only need to lose, what, 15 lbs at the most?

You can do it! ;)

Take some steps to lose some weight. The younger you are, the easier it is supposed to be to lose weight. Plus right now you only need to lose, what, 15 lbs at the most?

You can do it! ;)

I was super depressed about my weight until i did something about it!

If you want a buddy to track what you eat and how much you exercise let me know cause I'm in!

Good luck!

I just looked up your body mass index--it guesstimates how healthy your weight is for your height--and you're still only overweight, not obese, so that's not so bad for your health. You're 26.1. Healthy is 18.5 to 24.9. Overweight is 25-29.9. Obese is 30+.

Yeah, I think a person's weight tends climb because of their slowing metabolism with age, but there's a lot of you can do to stave that off before it gets out of control. Exercise, diet, all that jazz.

I'm 6 inches shorter than you, and I've been your weight in the past, so I feel your pain. :comfort:

Edit: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I know! One would think Id lose the weight since Im so young but I cant. This medicine really is making me gain weight I swear. I cant convince my dr to let me go off of them. I used to weigh between 135-140 pounds, never this much. I feel like Im obese

I know! One would think Id lose the weight since Im so young but I cant. This medicine really is making me gain weight I swear. I cant convince my dr to let me go off of them. I used to weigh between 135-140 pounds, never this much. I feel like Im obese

Okay, you are not obese by a long shot :lol:

Have you mentioned your weight concerns to your doctor? Maybe ask for some advice on how to control your weight with this medication that is making you gain. Tell him it is a big concern for you & that you want to be healthy. Emphasize health over looks, that way he doesn't write it off as vanity.

You can do it! ;)

I know! One would think Id lose the weight since Im so young but I cant.

You can do it! ;)

I know! One would think Id lose the weight since Im so young but I cant.

Molly,

don't get too hung up about numbers. i'm 21, also 5'5, weigh about the same, but i'm a size ten. I've seen ppl my wieght and hieght who are obese though. so it's really not a number thing. just try to be as healthy as you can, and feel good about yourself, it's hard to be in shape if you feel crappy. your ideal shape is a state of being, where you're healthy and feel good, not a silly number.

hope this helps! hang in there!

What's a mochi ball? I could do with an ice cream replacement . . .

I have an idea for how to start:

Walk to work for, say, 1 week. You're just starting, so 25 minutes with a little sweat is a great place to be. Don't even try to do more: Walk to work when you work. Period. Eat whatever the hell you want. Don't worry about food. You can change your diet around later only if you want to. So that's it: Walk to work. That's all you have to worry about. And you only have to keep it up for a week.

The point is to get to the end of that week and figure out what to do from there. Nothing is worth worrying about until then. Also, maybe try to focus on the goal of walking and not the fact you're trying to lose weight. It's an easier goal to achieve and is less brutal on you if you stumble along the way.

What's a mochi ball? I could do with an ice cream replacement . . .

I have an idea for how to start:

Walk to work for, say, 1 week. You're just starting, so 25 minutes with a little sweat is a great place to be. Don't even try to do more: Walk to work when you work. Period. Eat whatever the hell you want. Don't worry about food. You can change your diet around later only if you want to. So that's it: Walk to work. That's all you have to worry about. And you only have to keep it up for a week.

The point is to get to the end of that week and figure out what to do from there. Nothing is worth worrying about until then. Also, maybe try to focus on the goal of walking and not the fact you're trying to lose weight. It's an easier goal to achieve and is less brutal on you if you stumble along the way.

I think it is important to make the goal about being healthy & taking care of yourself. That way you don't get stuck on numbers and it does become more of a lifestyle change then a temporary plan to lose weight that feels like punishment.

Do physical activities you enjoy & find healthy foods you like. The big step is just getting in the habit. Then you crave junk food less & you enjoy exercise because you feel good.

I am surprised at how quickly I have learned to prefer healthy food to junk food (for everyday, I still like a treat :)) & to enjoy working out. When I fail to do so, I inevitably feel more tired & depressed.

Small steps aren't bad though, so you don't get overwhelmed...I think that's what Nastja meant.

I am surprised at how quickly I have learned to prefer healthy food to junk food (for everyday, I still like a treat :)) & to enjoy working out. When I fail to do so, I inevitably feel more tired & depressed.

you know telling someone to lose weight is very hard thing to do.

its like telling someone to get rid of acne.

i wasnt aiming at you. but the eye rolling does hit hard. haha

i was speaking in general statement. to whoever bothers to read.

you know telling someone to lose weight is very hard thing to do.

its like telling someone to get rid of acne.

You should be a philosopher. Your analogy is brilliant..

:rolleyes:

And telling a student to improve his or her grades in school is like telling a bald person to grow hair. Because something that requires hard work but is achievable is the same as something that someone has absolutely no control over.

No offense bro. But it's nothing like it. The solution to losing weight is well known. Diet and exercise. It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of will power, but its doable if you want it bad enough. And its guaranteed.

What's a guaranteed solution to acne?

No offense bro. But it's nothing like it. The solution to losing weight is well known. Diet and exercise. It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of will power, but its doable if you want it bad enough. And its guaranteed.

Whats the solution to acne?

Whats the solution to acne?

well the solution of it can be narrowed down BY diet and exercise. but to change back to what already have become is hard.

but the creation of being overweight can be what your parents has to feed you, what is passed down from your parents; in scientific term that is.

and just the knowledge of what your consuming is par.

well the solution of it can be narrowed down BY diet and exercise. but to change back to what already have become is hard

sackoking

but the answer to your question, if answered is not going to be taken in by anyone.

because the current stage of solution to acne right now to the common is to spend money.

but i believe getting anything for the better, is more deep than that.