Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chococat123

Myristyl Myristate in Complex 15

So I've read rave reviews on Complex 15 and I decided to give it a try. ON the box, it says that it's non-comegonic and is good for those of sensitive skin. HOwever, after a couple of days, I started to break out in places I didn't. I looked at the box and it contains Myristyl Myristate- an ingredient that causes acne!!!

Why would they put a pore-clogging ingredient if they said it's non-comegonic? Has anyone tried this cream and what'd you experience?

I haven't had a problem. Maybe it's non-comedogenic at the concentration it's present at? (Non-comedogenic in general, you may just be unlucky. :( )

I've been using this product for ten years and in another post I mentioned how its both my pain and pleasure. It soothes my skin and evens my tone but I swear it must cause new breakouts. Normally in places that require moisture the skin tone will even out and no breakouts. In an area that is evenly toned, applying more moisture in that area causes breakouts. That is what I find in my experience with any moisturizer I've used. I'm too afraid to switch over to another at this point since complex 15 seems to be the only product that makes my redness go down. I suspect though that it does break me out. I will mention it to my derm on Thursday. I've been waiting for 4 months.

I've been using this product for ten years and in another post I mentioned how its both my pain and pleasure. It soothes my skin and evens my tone but I swear it must cause new breakouts. Normally in places that require moisture the skin tone will even out and no breakouts. In an area that is evenly toned, applying more moisture in that area causes breakouts. That is what I find in my experience with any moisturizer I've used. I'm too afraid to switch over to another at this point since complex 15 seems to be the only product that makes my redness go down. I suspect though that it does break me out. I will mention it to my derm on Thursday. I've been waiting for 4 months.

Please update us! :surprised: