zrbx

3rd course of tane

Hi there.

1st course with 15y

2nd with 17

now the third with almost 20

FUCKING ACNE.

anyone had 3 courses?

i hope this time my knees and chest wont be destroyed.

I'm about to finish my third course. Did the first when I was 19, the second when I was 25, and now this one at 31. I've definitely had worse side effects this time, but they're still manageable.

More important question is: how long did the results last before relapse?

Did you all wait years in between courses because you had great skin or because of hesitancy to go on accutane again?

I just finished a 3rd course and my skin is clear but it's never lasted more than 2 months. Hopefully this time will be different...

More important question is: how long did the results last before relapse?

Did you all wait years in between courses because you had great skin or because of hesitancy to go on accutane again?

I just finished a 3rd course and my skin is clear but it's never lasted more than 2 months. Hopefully this time will be different...

Are the odds increased each time?

I did 1 course two years ago and it lasted for the better part of the summer. Approx. 2 months before complete relapse.

I waited 8 weeks and immediately went back onto a second course which did nothing.

I waited a couple of months and went on antibiotics which proved useless and so I went back to my derm last spring and he put me back on a stronger course of accutane. I'm on my last month now and I am completely clear.

I've requested to stay on a low dose for another 3 months... so I'll be taking 10mg every other day to hopefully maintain consistency.

I'm praying that this finally does it.

What are the odds of long-term success with this final course given the history above?

Are the odds increased each time?

I did 1 course two years ago and it lasted for the better part of the summer. Approx. 2 months before complete relapse.

I waited 8 weeks and immediately went back onto a second course which did nothing.

I waited a couple of months and went on antibiotics which proved useless and so I went back to my derm last spring and he put me back on a stronger course of accutane. I'm on my last month now and I am completely clear.

I've requested to stay on a low dose for another 3 months... so I'll be taking 10mg every other day to hopefully maintain consistency.

I'm praying that this finally does it.

What are the odds of long-term success with this final course given the history above?

For me, the first course knocked out basically all cystic acne. I never had any after that. My second and third courses were both for non-inflamed acne. I'd say I stayed pretty clear for around 2-3 years after each course, and then the acne would come back. For non-inflamed acne, I'm not very hopeful that Accutane is a true cure. I only did it because I had so much non-inflamed acne that I didn't see any other way to get clear. Now that Accutane has given me a clean slate, I'm hoping to maintain it with a non-inflamed acne regimen.

I am also contemplating a third course. I am now 30 years old. I took my first course at 24 and my second course at 27. The reduction in oil production only lasted while I was on it and maybe a month or two afterwards. The clear skin lasted maybe 6 months after and slowly went back to normal, which for me is moderate acne (not cystic but persistent).

I haven't been back to the derms in awhile but went today to try some prescription topicals again before doing the third accutane. Going to try Ziana (Retin-A and Clindamycin combo gel) along with my usual 2% salicylic and gentle cleanser. When I'm not on accutane, my skin is so oily I don't use any moisturizer. I'm hoping this helps so I don't have to do another course...to avoid the side effects.