Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I know how frustrating it can be when dealing with red marks and I honestly think following my regimen or parts of it will help you as much as it helped me. I know it's a little extreme, but this is what worked for me...

AM:

-Wash with Aqua Glycolic Cleanser (contains 12% glycolic acid, which helps with red marks and keeps active acne at bay)

-Apply Vitamin C Re-texturizing peel by The Body Shop (Water, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Alcohol, PEG-8, Glycerin, Lactobacillus/Cucurbita Pepo Fruit Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Salicylic Acid, Limonene, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Juice, Linalool, Polyquaternium-7, Sorbitol, Sodium Sulfite, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Oil, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Citric Acid, Papain, Hexyl Cinnamal, PVM/MA Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citral, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Orange 4; THIS IS GREAT FOR BRIGHTENING SKIN TONE, HELPS WITH RED MARKS)

-Moisturize with 100% Aloe Vera Gel

PM:

-Wash with Aqua Glycolic Cleanser

-Apply Queen Helene's Mint Julip Mask (This is optional, I guess, but my skin gets very oily throughout the day and my skin looks gross so I use this mask to minimize my pores and suck out all of the oil. I also believe it helps with my red marks)

-Moisturize with Vitamin C Intensive night treatment by The Body Shop (Black currant Extract, Brazil Nut Oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Cyclomethicone, Ascorbic Acid, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Polysilicone-11, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Bisabolol, Tocopherol; AGAIN, LOTS OF GREAT INGREDIENTS HERE THAT HELP TO BRIGHTEN SKINTONE AND GET RID OF RED MARKS)

*Additional:

-Every two days, I do a 30% glycolic acid peel (This is not reccommended to everyone. I have very tough skin and I've been using glycolic acid for over two months now so my skin is very used to it. In fact, I might move up to 40% in the next couple weeks. But right now, I have no time and am broke)

-I take ZINC, 1000 MG of VITAMIN C, FLAXSEED OIL and UMAKEN daily.

-I drink two-four bottles of water daily.

-I wear mineral makeup by Everyday Minerals.

Good luck to everyone, and hope this works for some of you too!

<3