Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think we should make a collection of foods that are not only safe for most acne sufferers but also contribute to significant improvement. You can just list a food and give an explanation and maybe , if you want, put how it has helped you as well as research or links. Try and be as specific as possible with the foods. Don't just say "veggies" or things high in omega 3's.

some things that have really helped me:

greens, especially spinach. i started eating it almost daily and am breaking out less and my dark circles are diminishing. its very high in beta carotene as well as iron. i go for the baby spinach. i put it in green smoothies, cook it or eat it raw in salads. i only eat the baby stuff in salads bc the mature spinach is too tough to digest.

garlic and onions. these are both very cleansing and anti inflammatory as well as anti fungal, particularly garlic. i try to eat raw onions and garlic every day usually in salads.

ground flaxseed. eating this has contributed to much softer smoother skin, less oil production and when i do get a white head, the stuff in it isnt all thick and gunky but almost like water. also, if i do need to pop a pimple, it pops very easily with minimal marks to my face. i put this in salads, smoothies, healthy puddings or take it straight with water.

pumpkin. this makes my face glow and contributes similar properties like spinach due to its high beta carotene levels. pumpkin is also very yummy and can be incorporated into healthier dessert dishes, smoothies, puddings or savory dishes.

peanut butter. i know some of you dont eat this or have problems with it but it always seems to make my skin nicer, smoother and more glowy. of course i use natural, peanuts only organic varieties and none of that sugar added oil added crap. peanut butter is a good source of vitamin E, resveratrol and monounsaturated fats.

carrots. these also have a high amount of beta carotene and make my skin glow.

raw coconut. these contain super healthy raw saturated fats that are good for you. eating coconut always makes my skin glow and when i have a break out and then eat fresh coconut for a day or two, it starts to clear up a lot quicker.

avocados. high in monounsaturated fats and vitamin E. these are anti inflammatory and also contribute to glowing skin.

ginger and turmeric. these two spices are very very anti inflammatory.

fermented foods like: tempeh, kefir, fermented veggies, fermented beans (natto), kombucha. these are full of good bacteria and contribute to good digestion which is essential for clear skin. eat some of these daily.

pineapple. although its very sweet and sugary, its also very anti inflammatory due to things like bromelain, an enzyme. pineapple is another thing that makes my face really glow. dont over do it though if you are sensitive to fruit regardless.

I think we should make a collection of foods that are not only safe for most acne sufferers but also contribute to significant improvement. You can just list a food and give an explanation and maybe , if you want, put how it has helped you as well as research or links. Try and be as specific as possible with the foods. Don't just say "veggies" or things high in omega 3's.

some things that have really helped me:

greens, especially spinach. i started eating it almost daily and am breaking out less and my dark circles are diminishing. its very high in beta carotene as well as iron. i go for the baby spinach. i put it in green smoothies, cook it or eat it raw in salads. i only eat the baby stuff in salads bc the mature spinach is too tough to digest.

garlic and onions. these are both very cleansing and anti inflammatory as well as anti fungal, particularly garlic. i try to eat raw onions and garlic every day usually in salads.

ground flaxseed. eating this has contributed to much softer smoother skin, less oil production and when i do get a white head, the stuff in it isnt all thick and gunky but almost like water. also, if i do need to pop a pimple, it pops very easily with minimal marks to my face. i put this in salads, smoothies, healthy puddings or take it straight with water.

pumpkin. this makes my face glow and contributes similar properties like spinach due to its high beta carotene levels. pumpkin is also very yummy and can be incorporated into healthier dessert dishes, smoothies, puddings or savory dishes.

peanut butter. i know some of you dont eat this or have problems with it but it always seems to make my skin nicer, smoother and more glowy. of course i use natural, peanuts only organic varieties and none of that sugar added oil added crap. peanut butter is a good source of vitamin E, resveratrol and monounsaturated fats.

carrots. these also have a high amount of beta carotene and make my skin glow.

raw coconut. these contain super healthy raw saturated fats that are good for you. eating coconut always makes my skin glow and when i have a break out and then eat fresh coconut for a day or two, it starts to clear up a lot quicker.

avocados. high in monounsaturated fats and vitamin E. these are anti inflammatory and also contribute to glowing skin.

ginger and turmeric. these two spices are very very anti inflammatory.

fermented foods like: tempeh, kefir, fermented veggies, fermented beans (natto), kombucha. these are full of good bacteria and contribute to good digestion which is essential for clear skin. eat some of these daily.

pineapple. although its very sweet and sugary, its also very anti inflammatory due to things like bromelain, an enzyme. pineapple is another thing that makes my face really glow. dont over do it though if you are sensitive to fruit regardless.

Thanks for sharing :D

- All meats (especially beef, lamb and chicken legs). Not only do meats keep my skin clear, but they also keep it nice and smooth and naturally moisturized. Generally the more fat in the meat, the better my skin looks.

hmm ive been trying to stay away from peanut butter.....

but you should try this stuff called ginger hemp granola,, its really good and apparently hemp has high omega 3's