Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So here's the deal. After eating certain things my face seems to get pretty itchy and a bit red. It's usually with greasy, salty or just any types of fatty foods (fast food whenever I have it).

There are a couple that I've strayed (for the most part) from that have caused me the most irritation. They are:

Rice - face gets really red, and hot.

Milk - a very irritated feeling all over my face.

And anything that is far too hot like sauces (even if I miss it lots), or anything with lots of spices. I was wondering, has anyone here had similar experiences?

:)

My brother has problems with citrus fruits. He gets an itchy throat; very itchy and even swollen. He has other allergies as well, including anaphylactic reactions to bee stings.

I have mild hay fever symptoms but no known food difficulties that I've ever noted. They aren't uncommon, though. Some people have varying degrees of sensitivity or allergy to various foods. It just takes trial and error to find what bugs you and your skin.

People can suddenly develop allergies AND outgrow them. I used to be sensitive (severe vomiting) to melons/canteloupes. No more, thank goodness as I love them.

So here's the deal. After eating certain things my face seems to get pretty itchy and a bit red. It's usually with greasy, salty or just any types of fatty foods (fast food whenever I have it).

There are a couple that I've strayed (for the most part) from that have caused me the most irritation. They are:

Rice - face gets really red, and hot.

Milk - a very irritated feeling all over my face.

And anything that is far too hot like sauces (even if I miss it lots), or anything with lots of spices. I was wondering, has anyone here had similar experiences?

:)

If you dig deeper, it may not actually be greasy, salty or fatty foods that are causing the reaction (the idea that they're greasy, salty or fatty), but the food itself.

I believe flushing is a sign of an intolerance, and milk specifically is a known allergen that can cause all sorts of reactions, not just digestive ones. Are you eating anything else at the same time as the rice, any vegetable or spice mixed in? Is this premade rice with seasoning in a bag that you heat in the microwave, or is this plain white rice?

If it happens when you eat fast food, then it's probably fried, battered with wheat and/or egg. Is the food on a bun - wheat? Are you eating fries? Do you have environmental allergies - potatoes are cross-related to grass pollen from what I've read.